FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Who has switched up their forced induction? procharger => TVS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has switched up their forced induction? procharger => TVS

Hey guys,

Just wondering who has gone from a procharger to a TVS setup (such as d-1sc to tvs2300)

OR

Has gone from TVS to Procharger.

I have seen a LOT of guys end up with a turbo setup as well, so just curious what was the *deciding* factors and why you did it.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike
Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I started out with a P1 procharger and switched to a turbo. Deciding factor was I felt like I wasn't going to get much more out of the procharger. Turbos just work alot better up here than blowers do. Im sure If i was at sea level i would have been happier!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I had a tvs1900 on my 6L, was a great blower, ran it up to about 8.5 psi. Ran awesome, super reliable, quiet when not on the throttle, no maintenance required, instant power. The reason I switched to turbo is i wanted to run it up to 12-14 psi, and I just started out with the wrong blower for that much on that large of a motor. If I would have started out with a 2300, I am sure I would still have it. IMO, you can't get a better daily driver FI system then a tvs blower.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Yeah see more or less the procharger (bypass) was noisy as hell when just cruising around and with the wife/kids in the truck is just seemed annoying.

From the looks of everything I've read if I want quiet and F/I the TVS2300 is the winner hands down.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know if you know but procharger has a new silent drive system that is super quit. dont know if you have looked into the vortech twin screw vts blower but i have a friend up here that owns a shop and sales all makes of blowers and and has had a tvs series blower and he said his vortech blower blew the tvs out of the water, from what he said .
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
i dont know if you know but procharger has a new silent drive system that is super quit. dont know if you have looked into the vortech twin screw vts blower but i have a friend up here that owns a shop and sales all makes of blowers and and has had a tvs series blower and he said his vortech blower blew the tvs out of the water, from what he said .
I personally don't mind the Procharger rattle and have yet to hear the new helical gear set.

BUT what I got sick of was the constant blowing of the bypass---however I did not have it recirculate or attempt to quiet it down. It was just annoying hearing the bypass sound change with every single change of the throttle.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

I went from Procharger to turbo to try something different as much as to build a system that worked for my personal preferences. My biggest issue was the lack of low, low end boost and my personal dislike of stall converters for a daily driver. With a 5800 AWD Crew Cab, even the TBTC I installed just felt too loose in the hilly residential area I drive in everyday.

Originally Posted by jetttstream
BUT what I got sick of was the constant blowing of the bypass---however I did not have it recirculate or attempt to quiet it down. It was just annoying hearing the bypass sound change with every single change of the throttle.
I've ran a few different Procharger setups. The ones with the bypass recirculated back into the intake filter were basically silent. With long tubes and comp springs, I couldn't even hear it.

Rick
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Interesting. They simply blew the air back into the tube with a filter that feeds the impellar?

Have any pics of these setups?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Interesting. They simply blew the air back into the tube with a filter that feeds the impellar?

Have any pics of these setups?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah it just recycles the air back into the intake tube and you dont notice it unless your under alot of boost and let off, i think thats how the kits come stock.

Quick Reply: Who has switched up their forced induction? procharger => TVS