FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

what times are you running with your turbo setup? (1/8th, 1/4 mile)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm making boost, the gauge reads a steady 7psi once I get into it

my 60 foot was pretty much every time around 2.5 lol

I think Nelson really might have me on a safe tune, as I told him I am running it non-intercooled and as a daily driver. So now I'm wondering if I should just leave it as is, since I don't want to end up blowing something up

I wasn't launching it at all, just a regular take off

Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 04-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
I'm making boost, the gauge reads a steady 7psi once I get into it

I think Nelson really might have me on a safe tune, as I told him I am running it non-intercooled and as a daily driver. So now I'm wondering if I should just leave it as is, since I don't want to end up blowing something up
I would say he has you on a safe tune. I'm running the exact same setup pretty much and mine is pretty slow as well. I have to get my wideband hooked up so I can get Justin some logs and then I think this thing should wake up.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
... I am running it non-intercooled ...

It seems to be getting more and more popular on this forum to leave out of the first post the most important piece of information.

Your truck's slow, you have a turbo, but no inter-cooling. Nothing odd or new there. If you let us know in the first post that you didn't have an intercooler, the question as to why your truck is so slow would have been answered in the second post. But no, it took twenty posts for you to reveal that tidbit of information.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

even not intercooled it should still be running faster than that.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Really? With maybe 220° IAT? If he has aggressive IAT table for safety and it does blow that hot, how much better than stock could it run?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When i had a whipple on my truck my iat's went into the 200s and it still ran 13.1s
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other thing is that if you don't leave the line with boost you will run slow times. You should be able to shave off half a second if not more just by leaving with boost.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by black04
When i had a whipple on my truck my iat's went into the 200s and it still ran 13.1s
Wow. Maybe it was in my tune, mine never impressed anybody who drove it pre-intercooler.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
It seems to be getting more and more popular on this forum to leave out of the first post the most important piece of information.

Your truck's slow, you have a turbo, but no inter-cooling. Nothing odd or new there. If you let us know in the first post that you didn't have an intercooler, the question as to why your truck is so slow would have been answered in the second post. But no, it took twenty posts for you to reveal that tidbit of information.
didn't think an intercooler would be the difference from a 15.5 second 1/4 mile to people running 12's ?

a few people on here arn't running an intercooler, so I didn't think it would make/break a trucks performance

I'm getting the intercooler on it mid-May, so just adding the intercooler will solve my slow problems?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I don't have pre-intercooler performance times for my truck, but it sure made a big improvement. I don't remember if I had a new tune for the intercooler, it's too long ago, but probably. Mine is not a turbo, but in my case adding the intercooler made more power increase than putting the blower on in the first place. Adding the blower to my stock truck made it run nice, adding the cooler made it run mean.

Quick Reply: what times are you running with your turbo setup? (1/8th, 1/4 mile)