FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

What is taking Magnacharger so long with the TVS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Its not that hard to hang a snail off of the front of a motor and make it run. We are fighting SEVERAL different issues with the NNBS Trucks. The new head design does not lend itself well to a short runner manifold, and our engineers have fixed the issue and new manifolds are on the way....Trust me, you will be taking the Paxton off and sending it back for the new Magna Charger
You have a point there.....with fitting a snail vs. fabbing up a baseplate for a manifold....

as for sending it back...........If you can make me the same deal I got on teh paxton I'd debate it...(but I know that ain't happening) Then again this truck is supposed to be the reliable daily driver etc. crap.

Heck they gave it back to me with a restrictor plate holdin it down to 6-7 pounds....had it out last night in 20 degree weather and was like this thing is gay.....Then I was reminded of the fact that I am the person who blows everything I touch up, my trailer is a necessity, not a luxury.

Of course my speed density tune means just swap that silly restrictor plate and boom I'm tuned for another 2-3 pounds, hell if I had enough fuel pump...I could run it wide open.....but then the stock motor would be a time bomb...

it sure seemed alot happier last night yankin the trailer...as soon is it dropped a gear it was gone vs. wanting to drop 2 and scream and go no where...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

Here are the facts, I have a few Radix 1900 TVS units available that I can sell to the public, more on that later. The problems we are seeing are due to the limits of the stock motor and the supporting parts. In order to make BIG power with the 1900 (about 800 ft pounds at 3000 RPM) you need a BIG throttle body, a bigger balancer to run the 16 psi of boost and a forged motor to back it up. I was able to get about 11-12 psi on my 5.7L and the truck felt AWESOME, however now you are up against the weak transmission and shitting drive line.

I remember saying a LONG time ago, the TVS 1900 and 2300 are not going to be good on the stock motor. You will NEVER EVER reach the full potential on a stock short block.

If you are interested in purchasing a TVS 1900 Magna Charger kit for a 1999-2007 CLASSIC truck, call your favorite Authorized Magna Charger Dealer from the sponsor list on the right and order away. The kits available now do not have tuning support or an EO#, so please make a note of that. FYI L92 manifolds are on the way....more on that WHEN I KNOW.

I don't understand how you are against the limits of the stock motor? The Radix kits since the beginning have only been designed for around 6psi or so. I'd like to know what Gen III/IV engines are having a hard time with that? People have been putting 15-20psi to them in extreme cases (even the higher compression LQ9 and LS2) without many issue's. Just how big of a throttle body are you needing to run, the MP122HH uses a 90MM on it and is being produced. Are you saying you need more than that? As for the crank pulley, do you really need to overspin the blower that hard just to be happy with it?

Before this is read and people think I'm trying to argue with Brian or be a dick, I'm not. I like Brian and appreciate the info that he does share with us. More on here should appreciate that, seriously. I'm just making conversation and asking questions.

Last edited by zippy; 01-22-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am saying to see the FULL potential of the TVS series blowers you need to spin them up. In "stock" form it will be great, dont get me wrong. I just dont want people thinking (and they will, this is the web) that they can bolt on a TVS and its going to be the cure all for high HP....there are certain requirements to get there. Once again, it is an upgrade with expandability, and certain requirements to get there.

We have noticed that once you really start spinning the pump, the 90mm TB becomes a restriction.....again. To answer your question, most people are would be happy with 7-10 psi.....but there are the few on here that would want to bolt it on with a 9 inch balancer and a 2.8 pulley on a 4.8L motor
Old 01-22-2008, 10:25 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brian, can you clarify again what are the recommended power levels for the 1900 and 2300? Where are they going to be most efficient and what are the limits?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:25 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by thunder550
Brian, can you clarify again what are the recommended power levels for the 1900 and 2300? Where are they going to be most efficient and what are the limits?
That is part of the testing we are still working on. Crash Dummy has made 830@13 psi on the engine dyno, and testing is going on day by day. The first stab at the 2300 was in the 900 HP range with more to go.

Part number for the 1900 Radix Raw is: 02-19-60-003 for the box 1.

Pricing to follow later.....Remember, any of your favorite Board Sponsors that are Authorized Magna Charger Dealers can help you.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Blown, now you have got me thinking crazy thoughts of a super-boosted, high RPM 4.8! Damn; an L33 block, Balanced 4.8 crank and rods, Speed Pro's new forged 4.8 pistons, ATI Damper, LPE GT2-3 cam, and Ported 243's or 799's combustion chamber set to produce 9.8:1 compression ratio, with YT rockers and PRC gold springs or the new Comp 918's. I would be willing to bet that could hit 6,700 RPM and run the TVS 1900 to 16 PSI without making it break a sweat!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
Blown, now you have got me thinking crazy thoughts of a super-boosted, high RPM 4.8! Damn; an L33 block, Balanced 4.8 crank and rods, Speed Pro's new forged 4.8 pistons, ATI Damper, LPE GT2-3 cam, and Ported 243's or 799's combustion chamber set to produce 9.8:1 compression ratio, with YT rockers and PRC gold springs or the new Comp 918's. I would be willing to bet that could hit 6,700 RPM and run the TVS 1900 to 16 PSI without making it break a sweat!
You have just described MY dream motor
Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'd have a question for you Brian. I have a customer I'll be looking for a Radix for here in the next week or so. This will be a work truck with an LQ4 and I'll shoot for 8psi. Would I be better with a 122 or 1900 for that application.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by zippy
I guess I'd have a question for you Brian. I have a customer I'll be looking for a Radix for here in the next week or so. This will be a work truck with an LQ4 and I'll shoot for 8psi. Would I be better with a 122 or 1900 for that application.
MPTVS1900
Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would I be correct in asumming a stock 5.3 shooting for 8psi the 112 will be the best bet? Would a tvs 1900 still be worth it even though the small motor is not going to be pushed

Just for clarification I think we are extrememly lucky to have some one like BC on here. That kind of devotion and fast service method that seems to be dieing off with the older generations. We should be glad that some of it still remains around for us

Last edited by PSM; 01-22-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply: What is taking Magnacharger so long with the TVS?