FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

water to air intercooler on whipple...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GM Power4Life
Where do you plan on buying the smaller pulleys for the side mount? Whipple no longer sells them. I am also on the hunt. It seems like I have to resort to a 10% OD crank pulley to squeeze some more boost. It'll also help with belt slippage
thanks i called whipple today and was told the same thing. dont know what im gonna do now. i guess crank over drive pulley it is... ill PM you if i come up whit anything.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Make sure you pin the new crank when you do the pulley swap. Magnacharger makes the pinning kit.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Make sure you pin the new crank when you do the pulley swap. Magnacharger makes the pinning kit.
iv been wanting to pin my crank for a while. good think i didnt if the only way for more boost is to change the crank !
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Teching In

You can actually re-use the pins and redrill with the jig on the new crank....if your good haha. But yeah I suggest just doing it to the new crank. And don't ever pulling it off. Lining up the pinholes again in extremely difficult. But guys say it can be done
Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt! Whats going on? I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but are the cobra pulleys the same? Here's a link i found after some searching.

whi-pulley - Whipple 8 Rib Supercharger Pullies for Whippled Cobras and Mustangs - Pulleys - Mustang Performance Parts

Seems to be an 8 rib. The depth of the pulley might be different considering the differences in accessories. Worth a shot if there are no other options.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Default Pulley.

It will not work. The dept is different

Originally Posted by kelsey_canard
Matt! Whats going on? I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but are the cobra pulleys the same? Here's a link i found after some searching.

whi-pulley - Whipple 8 Rib Supercharger Pullies for Whippled Cobras and Mustangs - Pulleys - Mustang Performance Parts

Seems to be an 8 rib. The depth of the pulley might be different considering the differences in accessories. Worth a shot if there are no other options.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Launching!

i am using that exact kit on my truck. only drove about 1000 miles or so but it works great. the pump was my main concern but it works great even with some coolant in the system. i have made a few 16 psi pulls through it with no drama.

Name:  2011-11-17_09-47-05_264.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  63.0 KB
Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=05_quick4door;4813197]i am using that exact kit on my truck. only drove about 1000 miles or so but it works great. the pump was my main concern but it works great even with some coolant in the system. i have made a few 16 psi pulls through it with no drama.

thats awesome man thanks for the info. how much coolant are u running with it ? 50/50 or less ?

It will not work. The dept is different
i talked to a friend in town that runs CNC machines all day and he can make the pulley if i can sell them. hes going to crunch some numbers and see how much the first one with the time for programing and setup and what not will be. so i may just have some custom made when i get some prices ill let you know if your interested.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=4.8whipple;4815179]
Originally Posted by 05_quick4door
i am using that exact kit on my truck. only drove about 1000 miles or so but it works great. the pump was my main concern but it works great even with some coolant in the system. i have made a few 16 psi pulls through it with no drama.

thats awesome man thanks for the info. how much coolant are u running with it ? 50/50 or less ?

i talked to a friend in town that runs CNC machines all day and he can make the pulley if i can sell them. hes going to crunch some numbers and see how much the first one with the time for programing and setup and what not will be. so i may just have some custom made when i get some prices ill let you know if your interested.
I'd be very interested in buying a couple different sizes as long as they are priced reasonably. And I know multiple people on here would buy them also. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW!!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Launching!

Id say its less then 50/50. It doesn't freeze but a few times a year in texas

Quick Reply: water to air intercooler on whipple...