FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Vortech Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having issues with the manual tensioner that came with the kit. My installer called Vortech and they admitted there has been a few calls about it.
We are trying different spring tensioners, but haven’t found a perfect match.
Any suggestions?
Old 06-23-2019, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfuegner
Anyone used or seen this kit installed on a NBS truck. Looks like a nice affordable kit, Or course some things would need to be made or adjusted to make it work. Mainly interested in seeing if the bracket and head unit would fit in the engine compartment. I have tried searching but unable to come up with anything. Looking for som epics if someone has installed or seen one used. Here is the kit.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/v...150l/overview/
I got you right here guys.

This is my 2000 silverado built 5.3 with that kit installed and tuned by me.

I got a video that wouldn’t upload, because i am using my iPhone.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Finally found a auto tensioner that will work with this kit. The manual tensioner that came with it is worthless. I’ll post the part numbers and everything else that was modified to make it work soon.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is not much information out there about these kits as of yet.

I put this kit on my 78 C10 with an Lq4 and had issues with the tensioner and belt myself. I am running no intercooler for now, and 93 pump gas with a speed density tune. There was no place for a mass air meter.

I've been trying to take it to the track for the past 2 weekends but last weekend a transmission line was leaking and now its raining in my area. Hopefully, I can get some track time with the truck and get some trap speeds, to kinda know where I am at.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...wap-kit-2.html

@Talstar what tensioner did you find? I may not need it but might like to look into it if the RPM belt ever stretches.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

My builder tried over 30 auto tensioners before settling with one for a 98 Camaro. I had a another friend who is a builder make a custom pulley with a lip. Only issue now is the belt is super tight and he wants a longer one, but the next size up is 3 inches which is way to long.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

The gates RPM belt is pretty tight as well but, I have loosened the tensioner so that the blower bearings would not suffer (hopefully). I have run the truck pretty hard and so far, no stretching of the belt and everything seems good. Now if I can just get everything lined out to hit the track.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

The belt is staying on fine, doing a little more shaving off the back of the auto tensioner to make it perfect. I’m getting all the fluids changed and spark plugs in preparation for the dyno tune next week!
My builder sent all the engine specs and whatever else needed for the tuner to be ready.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

9lbs
Not finished yet, had a pulley break.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Made 485whp, getting a new belt 1/4 longer and a billet power steering pulley made this week.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Finally got the truck to the track but only got a couple of passes. Best pass was 12.55 @ 111 with a 2.0XX 60'

I wasn't able to get the truck to leave right, so I will making adjustments to the suspension. The truck felt good and pulled HARD. The truck has 11's in it, just gotta get it set up.

Quick Reply: Vortech Supercharger Kit