FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TVS 1900 "pink" Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brantsz
That’s a good question not so much what but when. At start up I see 60PSI, Cruse I see 45PSI and WOT 55PSI. So how the heck do you set up an IFR table with BS like this? From what I understand the system works much the same as the new ZR1 but with less pressure.

As far as the injectors from maggie I will just say the info is very reliable. It’s not that they are crap. They work great at 45PSI but not so well in the upper pressure ranges. Supposedly for the few cars and trucks that have this variable pressure ranges there is a special injector just for these applications and the Pink/purple injectors are not designed for this.
If you seen my IFR table you would
LMAO at your reliable source. That being said, if tuned for properly they work just fine.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
blownerator

Do you know @ what bar? 3?
yes, 3
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Do the Vmax have the fuel pump controller setup that varies the pressure? I don't know what vehicles have it and what don't. I think some even have a fuel pressure sender on the rail that sends info to the computer so it can adjust the pulsewidth based on actual fuel pressure vs. map. I know the newer ECMs have the tables but, not sure what vehicles they are active on.

Yes they do at least my 08 does and maggie is aware of this also. I believe the reason for this is mostly to do with having VVT and DOD. What I have been told is there are very few injectors on the market that will function 100% correctly in this type of fuel system. Ones off of a ZR1 will and I have those tables needed for that set of injectors. As far as these purple injectors working in a TBSS there is no issues there do to the stable fuel pressure.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
LMAO at your reliable source. That being said, if tuned for properly they work just fine.

Ok, LOL that info came directly from the calibration guy at Maggie!! I spoke with him in regards to this for quite some time. HE STATED they were the wrong injector for this application and that my tune is experimental for this truck. They are trying to acquire the correct injectors but as of now have NOT. We are going to work together and if any tuning on my end turns up better results/a smoother IFR table I am going to send it his way. that is why i am trying to gather as much info on these injectors as i can
Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 PM
blownerator

Ok, LOL that info came directly from the calibration guy at Maggie!! I spoke with him in regards to this for quite some time. HE STATED they were the wrong injector for this application and that my tune is experimental for this truck. They are trying to acquire the correct injectors but as of now have NOT. We are going to work together and if any tuning on my end turns up better results/a smoother IFR table I am going to send it his way. that is why i am trying to gather as much info on these injectors as i can
Then he misspoke. It is not that they are the wrong injector, the tune just needs to be done so they work with the duty cycled pump. Saying they are wrong is a bit far off.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Then he misspoke. It is not that they are the wrong injector, the tune just needs to be done so they work with the duty cycled pump. Saying they are wrong is a bit far off.

I agree and it is sort of upsetting to hear something like that when you just spent $$$$. But I am hoping once I get it all installed I can tune the issues out. He had told me it has been very frustrating in trying to dial in a tune due to the acceleration and deceleration cells in the IFR table conflicting with each other. And when you look at the IFR I see where he is going. I hope it’s just a matter of more in-depth tuning and not an injector spray pattern issue as was suggested.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
blownerator

I agree and it is sort of upsetting to hear something like that when you just spent $$$$. But I am hoping once I get it all installed I can tune the issues out. He had told me it has been very frustrating in trying to dial in a tune due to the acceleration and deceleration cells in the IFR table conflicting with each other. And when you look at the IFR I see where he is going. I hope it’s just a matter of more in-depth tuning and not an injector spray pattern issue as was suggested.
This has absolutely nothing to do with an injector spray pattern, nothing to do with the injector at all. These injectors are the ones used for CARB testing, they are the ones that have been speced by the engineers for these vehicles.

Sometimes when you are tuning, you look for the result, and the result is not always what you are used too. In other words, it is the way the software translates the calibration into a graph, and the graph is not very attractive to you....but, it works. I trust Drew and his calibration background and ability......far beyond anyone else outside of GM.

FYI, there is not an injector available BIG ENOUGH that will interpret the pressure change from the duty cycled pump. These work, and they work well....Magna Charger has using them for a long time.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 02-02-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Joe at Left Coast 32 is working with me on this IFR issue with my truck. I will let you know how it turns out.

2008 ECSB Z71 6.0 TVS 1900
Old 02-03-2009, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sebdane
Joe at Left Coast 32 is working with me on this IFR issue with my truck. I will let you know how it turns out.

2008 ECSB Z71 6.0 TVS 1900

That would be great, let me know how or what was needed to correct the issue.

Quick Reply: TVS 1900 "pink" Injectors