FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo or supercharger for silverado suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo or supercharger for silverado suggestions

What Turbo/Supercharger would be best for as in price wise but gives alot of boost to increase the HP on a 5.3 or a 6.2 silverado. Ive read and researched many different types of supercharger or blowers but still cannot make up my mind. Alot of people suggest front mounted over rear mounted but still indecisive on what to get for my silverado. If anyone could be of any assistance id appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=356429
Old 03-15-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

What do you use your truck for? How much power do you want to make? How much do you have to spend? Is the truck your daily driver, or a weekend cruiser? Your pretty vague in your questions, be more specific with what your setup and intentions and we can help you out. Also, read through the link posted and you may answer most of your own questions. Also, I'm interested to hear about the rear mounted blowers and supercharger's you have been researching about lol
Old 03-15-2010, 12:17 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think your demographic is going to dictate your decision.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Teching In

i must have type it wrong on my first post, sry for that 02'Z71ONDUBZ'. but i use my truck as a daily driving from home to base to downtown to have a good time. i also use it to go riding so i tow on the weekends. willin to spend enough for the best that i can get out for the truck. want more power to have fun with but also to have a fast truck. to be that known truck in the city. planin on going on a powertourer soon so that is why id like to beast up my truck to somewhat hang with the old muscle cars. thanks i dont take anything you guys say to heart im totally new to the whole superchargers/turbos so if you gota say what you gota say dont be afraid sometimes the truth may hurt but gota take it inorder to learn. thanks again for guy's help
Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you tow alot then I would suggest a positive displacement supercharger like a Magnacharger TVS. It will provide great bottom end torque and they are very reliable.

Now what size depends on what motor you have is it a 5.3 or a 6.2? What are your plans for down the road. Do you want to keep the motor stock besides the supercharger or are you going to eventually put a stroker in there?

If you dont tow much and just want something to play with turbos are fun. I wouldnt go rear mount if you go that direction. Trick and KBracing both sell nice front mount set ups.

Like it was stated above figure out how much hp you want, what your budget for the mods is, how you are going to use the truck, and how you want the power to come on.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Launching!

I love my s/c. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't think twice about it. great gas and tons of power.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned Scammer

front mount turbo kit from KB Racing all the way
Old 03-16-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't be happier with my Maggie, instant power with no lag, awesome for a DD. My mpg are about the same as before.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is going nowhere!

Quick Reply: Turbo or supercharger for silverado suggestions