FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TURBO or SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I call BS resurrection2000, you know your girl wont let you get something for the truck. you'll probably buy a big screen or something....LOL.
Rat Raceway, what are your goals this year? also, is that the lift in your garage that tyler wants to use for his head and cam swap?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=shanesss;4860679]I call BS resurrection2000, you know your girl wont let you get something for the truck. you'll probably buy a big screen or something....LOL.

Maybe ill just wait tell your truck is done and sitting in the driveway to come up...... Haha
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shanesss
I call BS resurrection2000, you know your girl wont let you get something for the truck. you'll probably buy a big screen or something....LOL.
Rat Raceway, what are your goals this year? also, is that the lift in your garage that tyler wants to use for his head and cam swap?

Deep 10's high 9's on the hill. I ran a 12.6x @81mph after snaping my cog about 100 feet before the 1/8 mark. Getting some safety equipment installed inside the truck right now.

LOL yea that is my lift. Tyler lives next door to me. He 100% more then welcome to use it but you for sure don't have to drop the k member to do H/C on a Fbody. Are you the guy that will be helping him?

Small world!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rat Raceway
Deep 10's high 9's on the hill. I ran a 12.6x @81mph after snaping my cog about 100 feet before the 1/8 mark. Getting some safety equipment installed inside the truck right now.

LOL yea that is my lift. Tyler lives next door to me. He 100% more then welcome to use it but you for sure don't have to drop the k member to do H/C on a Fbody. Are you the guy that will be helping him?

Small world!
Yeah me and Shane (J&S Performance) were talking to Tyler about helping him out. Shane does my and Tyler's tuning, and a damn good job too. We never told him you "had" to drop the engine out, in the amount of time it takes me to drop an f-body drivetrain its well worth it, and if you have a lift even better! Makes it much easier to do a high quality job, i'd rather everything be perfect and take a smidge longer than getting it done in a big hurry and regretting it later Who did the tuning work for your 4l80e swap?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Yeah me and Shane (J&S Performance) were talking to Tyler about helping him out. Shane does my and Tyler's tuning, and a damn good job too. We never told him you "had" to drop the engine out, in the amount of time it takes me to drop an f-body drivetrain its well worth it, and if you have a lift even better! Makes it much easier to do a high quality job, i'd rather everything be perfect and take a smidge longer than getting it done in a big hurry and regretting it later Who did the tuning work for your 4l80e swap?
Yea no one said "HAD TO!" drop it!

Glad you guys are all set!

Joe at Leftcoast sells a 80 swap kit that is VERY VERY nice. He did all the leg work for the TBSS 80 swap... Our TBSS are werd they have a PCM TCM combo like a van or car. It is a whole new truck with the 85 in it! Mine is the same unit FLT built for Flaco!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Yea no one said "HAD TO!" drop it!

Glad you guys are all set!

Joe at Leftcoast sells a 80 swap kit that is VERY VERY nice. He did all the leg work for the TBSS 80 swap... Our TBSS are werd they have a PCM TCM combo like a van or car. It is a whole new truck with the 85 in it! Mine is the same unit FLT built for Flaco!
Yup with the TBSS 2wd ecm/tcm combo you gotta use the tcm or tcm tune out of a newer work van, we've done one using the ecm/tcm calibrations from a 09 c2500 work van with the 4.8l/4l80e combo. I love my 80e! My 60e let go after just 1500 miles behind the vortech charged ls2/l92, and from all the research i did i knew not to go back lol. I think we are one of the few in the colorado area that knows how to complete the whole swap, its just not that common out here? I don't see why you wouldn't be deep in to the 10's with your bad *** setup! Can't wait to see it, you gonna get some bogarts for her??!! Did you have your cage started yet? (sorry i didn't get back to ya on that by the way)
Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 89LS1FOXER
Yup with the TBSS 2wd ecm/tcm combo you gotta use the tcm or tcm tune out of a newer work van, we've done one using the ecm/tcm calibrations from a 09 c2500 work van with the 4.8l/4l80e combo. I love my 80e! My 60e let go after just 1500 miles behind the vortech charged ls2/l92, and from all the research i did i knew not to go back lol. I think we are one of the few in the colorado area that knows how to complete the whole swap, its just not that common out here? I don't see why you wouldn't be deep in to the 10's with your bad *** setup! Can't wait to see it, you gonna get some bogarts for her??!! Did you have your cage started yet? (sorry i didn't get back to ya on that by the way)
I'm running Boze Wheels! M&H 390 40 17 on the rear, hook'n is not a problem when they are warm.

Yep My SS is over at Hankville getting a 6 point. If all goes well, I'm heading down to texas for the LS1truck shootout. All on Hank.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

I'm running Boze Wheels! M&H 390 40 17 on the rear, hook'n is not a problem when they are warm.

Yep My SS is over at Hankville getting a 6 point. If all goes well, I'm heading down to texas for the LS1truck shootout. All on Hank.
Nice! That would be a blast, i hope to go down there next year. You should try to go down to that kansas show/race with us too, there is a thread in the events section. How much did he charge for the cage if you don't mind me asking, still not sure who is gonna do my cage? I love 2wd TBSS's, this is one of favorites!

TrailBlazer SS TVS2300 Cog at 20 psi 1-1 - YouTube
Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Well,

We pretty much hijacked this baby.LOL

Zippy that used to work at LEP in Vegas?

As soon as the roads clear up a bit, I will be out again. My buddy Trent is going to have a track day at Bandi first part of May. You guys should hit that.

Quick Reply: TURBO or SUPERCHARGER