FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

turbo 4.3 sonoma project.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to do a 4x4 s-10 build like this. I wandered how much that stock injection would handle. And if you do swap intakes to the mercruiser style, where do the injectors wire into?? Just curios, not sure how the stock spider injector are wired either.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

You would cut off the HUGE CPI connector and wire up the 6 (or 8---depending) injectors to the cut ends of the truck harness.

Jeff
Old 10-10-2009, 02:53 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are the poppets that bad? i was thinking the only real problem was the amount of flow but are there other problems with them?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by exodus
Soooooooo, what is your take on Parish Performance there Parish....haha
well.... there is a story behind that name. when i first got on the internet something like 15 years ago i was seeing a woman and her name was parish. i was at her house when i first signed on and had to pick a name. ended up using her last name since we were going to share the account.

that deal ended after about a year but i had been using the name in lots of places so i just kept using it. now 15 years later i am still using the name online. i am not so sure i want to use that name for a business and my wife probably wouldn't like it either.

or i could just say **** it and use it anyways
Old 10-10-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parish8

or i could just say **** it and use it anyways
Old 10-10-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep, pretty much...besides the reputation you gave the name is a little better to everyone that might be interested in performance work on those sites than someone that only you know gave it I believe. Just throwing that out there. Also the reputation is what will bring you business in said shop at first IMO.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
single digit dreamer

some of you guys have me a little worried about those poppit injectors. people keep asking "are you keeping those injectors". makes me think i need to look into this more.

i am probably not on a set budget so if it is something that i really should upgrade i think i can get it done. better to know now rather then later.

soo. first question is do i NEED to upgrade the intake/injectors. will they most likely fail if i dont? what are the issues with them? the fuel system is a return style and i am pretty sure it is manifold pressure referenced so as the boost goes up so should the fuel pressure wich will keep the pressure across the injectors the same as stock. the boost it self shouldn't cause those injectors to fail.

if i did upgrade to the marine intake what parts can you swap over from the truck intake? besides the $200 or so for the intake/rails/injectors what other expenses are there?

Last edited by parish8; 10-11-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by parish8
are the poppets that bad? i was thinking the only real problem was the amount of flow but are there other problems with them?
With age they seem to stick or leak. Not upgradable, only flow what they flow haha. I think the marine upgrade is just a better choice.

Also as far as need. Im sure you can make it work...im no turbo, or tuning guru, im just telling you want i have found in the mechanics field.

Dustin
Old 10-10-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Parish Turbosports. Great name recognition due to your reputation.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Parish Turbosports. Great name recognition due to your reputation.
yup thats the winner

Quick Reply: turbo 4.3 sonoma project.