FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

turbo 4.3 sonoma project.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock injection works fine up to about 90psi where the injectors will begin to lock up. The marine intake is a great fix for that as is the Edelbrock carb intake with injector bungs welded in. Hellbent has made quite a few of those intakes and on a boosted truck they work extremely well. I believe the part number was a 2114. I used to have pictures of them, but have since lost them.

As for the name I agree that Parish should really be kept only because your name is your reputation and people will see that name and that may be the deciding factor in picking you because of your past projects. With a name that they don't know you'll just be another shop until they actually talk to you if they give you that chance. What you could do is use Parish in the name, but find a way to initialize it like Wheel 2 Wheel/W2W, Texas Speed and Performance/TSP, Late Model Engines/LME, Leading Edge Performance/LEP, Doctors of Performance/DP, etc. You could try Parish Performance and Engineering and just try to get the word out as PPE or just Parish Engineering so it can be called PE. Your sig line could be "Get it into P.E.". With that you get your Parish name still used, but your wife doesn't have to hear Parish all the time, only your shop's initials.

Here is a pic I found of a 2114 intake setup.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The poppets are fine for a slightly hopped up engine. But, for less than 250.00 delivered to your door you can get a New Marine intake w/throttlebody and fuel rails and regulator with 24lb injectors (I Think they're 24s)

Jeff
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Lextech
The poppets are fine for a slightly hopped up engine. But, for less than 250.00 delivered to your door you can get a New Marine intake w/throttlebody and fuel rails and regulator with 24lb injectors (I Think they're 24s)

Jeff
yeah, that sounds like a good deal. my question is does all the other stuff still work like air conditioner, alternator. i guess i would need to make a harness for the injectors. any issues with the distributor? stuff like that.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

All of the accessories will fit. You need to drill and tap a hole for the T-stat bypass. Just use the stock intake as a guide. You will need to drill and tap a hole for the brake booster hose/nipple. Boats didn't have these things. I bought one a coupe of weeks ago. I don't need it, but I might use it on a future Early Ford project. It is really a neat little intake. Do an E-Bay search for "Marine Intake" to check one out.

Jeff
Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best write up i think!! he is running the sy/ty manifolds instead of low mount, but you need to read the whole thread to get all the info.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=50198

the guy is really cool and will answer any questions ya have just email him its his screen name @aol.com

anyways... hope that helps!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best write up i think!! he is running the sy/ty manifolds instead of low mount, but you need to read the whole thread to get all the info.

the guy is really cool and will answer any questions ya have just email him its his screen name @aol.com

Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd also suggest the marine intake. A Low Dime has one on his S10 right now.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by f4tal

wow. i am just on page one and it is full of good info. thanks for the link.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:41 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by parish8
yeah, that sounds like a good deal. my question is does all the other stuff still work like air conditioner, alternator. i guess i would need to make a harness for the injectors. any issues with the distributor? stuff like that.
With the projects you have, it will be no problem. I did it at 19yrs old and I'm an idiot.

The stock intake injectors seem to be fine to around 8-10lbs depending on the set up and truck. After that, an FMU works meh ok a little bit higher. The marine intake will be the easiest to put on as well as upgrade injectors if the customer ever wanted more boost.

A/C and alternator dont even come off the motor for the swap, they are fine. Marine intake uses EV6 connectors. Distributor goes back into place as normal.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
I'm an idiot.

Quick Reply: turbo 4.3 sonoma project.