FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TrickPerformanceProducts NEW R&D truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no either post maf leak or exhaust leak pre-02, or at least thats what I think he means....
Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Any good ways to test these.?

Just tried a test drive and the truck almost died, when I stepped on the gas.. Waited a minute and away I went. Have nto checked valvesprings yet. I was thinking it was electrical but I am starting to get a little upset that its just not coming to me.

How do I get a misfire graph with Hp tuners? Trying to see if its one cylinder or a global thing.?
you can put them on a flow bench and have them tested. My buddy has one and does them all the time.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you ever done a crank relearn with hpt? go to vcm controls in scanner then special then case learn. follow what it says to do.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

do me a favor and test the temp of each exhaust manifold on each cyl with a heat temp sensor gun. When it is running. Are they all the same?

Last edited by trever1t; 12-09-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I think I found it. I swapped out injectors to good ol stockers, with a stock tune.
Truck runs, Idles, moves, and no bump bump bump, bla bla bla shaka shaka shaka.
Now I a little happier.
I was amazed at the rust dust that came out of the stockers when I bumped them upside down.

After wards while it was running made me think. The truck use to smell rich even thou it was showing good on a/f. After injector swap happened no stinky exhuast like before.
I even got into 6psi of boost, sure was not as strong as before but it did excelerate with no funny hesitations.

I need to send the 48lbs off and get them tested. I think one or more are having issues..
runwhatchabrung can you pm your buddies shops name. wonder if this was also causing the surge problem I had.?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

the heat temp gun test would have shown you what injector was bad..

Last edited by trever1t; 12-09-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

yea I know but do not have one of those hi tech things around. But I think the injector is working but working wrong maybe not sure. This is where a good flow bench may come in handy though.
You have a pm.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

I think I found it. I swapped out injectors to good ol stockers, with a stock tune.
Now I a little happier.
I was amazed at the rust dust that came out of the stockers when I bumped them upside down.

After wards while it was running made me think. The truck use to smell rich even thou it was showing good on a/f. After injector swap happened no stinky exhuast like before.
I even got into 6psi of boost, sure was not as strong as before but it did excelerate with no funny hesitations.

I need to send the 48lbs off and get them tested. I think one or more are having issues..
runwhatchabrung can you pm your buddies shops name. wonder if this was also causing the surge problem I had.?

Yes, if you had something obstructing the injector it would cause this... I Had a toyota Tundra do the same thing... turned out to be sugar in the tank... In your case the gas probally sat to long an seperated... I had this issue on my suburban... gummed up 3 injectors after i cleaned them runs better then ever... You should also replace the inline fuel filter and blow the lines clean...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I know but do not have one of those hi tech things around. But I think the injector is working but working wrong maybe not sure. This is where a good flow bench may come in handy though.
You have a pm.
You also could have done a balance test in HPT (It cuts injectors 1 at a time for a set period, and measures the difference).

Also, those infrared temp guns are between $50-$100.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Now I a little happier.

What did I tell ya

Quick Reply: TrickPerformanceProducts NEW R&D truck