FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Time to refuel for more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
I hear ya...I just dont wanna rip up my fuel bucket. I have also heard that the intank pumps dont fit right in, they need to be modified and you need to always keep a 1/4 tank of gas in it or you will have problems...
I get the feeling that you think I am just an internet typist.
Originally Posted by MikeGyver
I did not have to butcher the bucket.
I put an aftermarket pump in my tank a few years ago and ruined the bucket. I got tired of keeping the tank topped up, and put a stock pump in with an inline.
With a stock pump in the tank, I was running out of fuel at higher Rs.
So the pump I got from Texas Speed fit in the bucket, I would have found an alternative if'n it didn't. I was thinking of dual in-tank, but it would have been an extra bucket assembly, maybe it could be cable-tied to the first, with both buckets in the tank, and the top up for access.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
Be careful with that inline/stock in-tank setup. I burned up two inline pumps in two years because the stock in-tank pump couldn't supply fuel fast enough to the inline. I personally would bite the bullet and do the in-tank pump.

I swear I don't mean this to be funny, but seemed for awhile that's all you heard about was dead inlines. Same with mine. I replaced them back to back. 3 total if I remember correctly. Then I modded my intank, no prob's since. However I am not putting 50K miles a year on it anymore either. Pics are posted backwards, completed on top, started at bottom.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the feeling that you think I am just an internet typist.
Nah, i just am having a hard time with all these posts Im sifting through telling me that the baskets had to be hacked up. DId the pump you bought drop right in, with the sock on the outside of the bucket like the stock pump does, or did you have to put the sock on the inside? Does your pump have 2 inlets like the stock pump? Do you have an issue with running out of fuel when below 1/4 tank under hard excel? If they would make a 255l/ph thats the same size and configuration as the stocker everything would be fine.

......all that plus I dig your sexy posts Mike.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Is that petrol rated duct tape Dewy? And thats an awful big jar of vasoline you got there too!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were in your situation I would add the auxillary pump and bigger injectors first. No reason to mess with the stock pump if it's working. If you don't have enough fuel pressure by doing that, then change it.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep, somewhere up there in the posts I say the same thing (I just want to appear like I agree with Zip ) but there are my pics if you want a hack project for what remains of the winter.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zippy
If I were in your situation I would add the auxillary pump and bigger injectors first. No reason to mess with the stock pump if it's working. If you don't have enough fuel pressure by doing that, then change it.
Thats kind of my thinking too, only because if the aux pump fails, I can still get fuel from the stock intank pump. But if something goes wrong with the intank pump......1-800-towme
Old 02-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And thats an awful big jar of vasoline you got there too!
I knew there was a good reason I didn't stay after that get together at his place last year.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I knew there was a good reason I didn't stay after that get together at his place last year.
What do you mean? That is a travel size.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats kind of my thinking too, only because if the aux pump fails, I can still get fuel from the stock intank pump. But if something goes wrong with the intank pump......1-800-towme
I've had inlines die and you can still run off the stock intank pump but, the inline creates such a restriction that you can't accelerate much at all. It will run and get you home or to a shop though.

Quick Reply: Time to refuel for more boost?