Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great build bro. I wish i had a 6.2 😂
Old 05-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

it is a nice starting point

in the down time:
transfer case was a little crunchy, tore it down and was all in pretty good shape, rear output gear had a little bit of wear where the teeth mesh, only looks like it contacts about 60% of the teeth so i just turned the gear over lol. i ordered seals, bearings, and a chain for it to freshen it up. dont want to put much money into it, planned on going nvg/np-149 if it was trashed, but no such luck

started swapping over to hydroboost (pedal,hydro booster, master cyl, hoses) the pedal itself is the same, my yukon has adjustable pedals so i found a pedal from a 2500 yukon also with adjustable pedals. they sent some what of an assembly. but i ended up just using the pedal itself. had to knock off pedal position sensor off my pedal and weld it onto the HB pedal, using my old adjustable pedal crap meant i have to swap the gear drive onto the HB pedal. broke the pedal position sensor so i need to get a new one of them. the hydrobooster itself mounts with 3 of 4 of the studs, the master cylinder i grabbed has the same brake line fittings so no issues there. hoses - grabbed the oem hoses. pump>HB should work fine. HB to steering rack, i also grabbed the stock hose but, will prob have hose shop join it to the factory steering rack hose in the flex sections. truck is about due to have all of the brake fluid flushed and replaced anyway so will do that when its all back together.

pcm of nc harness/tcm should be delivered today/tomorrow, not sure how plug and play it is but will take care of any wiring while i wait

sent out converters to circle d, old 278mm for credit towards converting my 258mm for use with a 4l80. they said itll take about a week... going to change out the rear main seal while its all apart also.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Been kinda busy...
was waiting on 4l80 to be built and just started doing stuff.
holley hi ram about done, extended all the harness to go behind/under, changed pigtails to the right ones to get rid of injector adapters, got rick sending the correct charge pipe, for now just going to run 10an fuel feed to passenger rail, jump to driverside in front and to regulator in 8an, and 8an return. stock fuel line with flex fuel sensor goes straight to regulator. both feeds have check valves.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Launching!

hydroboost, pedal, lines all in cant really bleed/test till i get it running again but all should work.

coil relocation, ict brackets, accell ceramic diy kit - said for ls/lt coils didnt realize they meant like pre98 LT so i had to find and order the correct ones

Old 06-19-2019, 08:43 PM
Launching!

rossler terminator 4l80, installing with pcm of nc harness conversion. circle d worked over my triple disc i had for the 6l80 new chain/bearings/seals in the awd tcase

Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 PM
Launching!

and the entire hot side is getting ceramic coated with the plasma spray process.... driverside manifold, passenger side turbo manifold, turbo exhaust housing, crossover, downpipe, wastegate housing
Old 06-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Old 06-23-2019, 07:43 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks good.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

awesome build.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Launching!

thanks fellas

trans is in, transfer case is in, messed with shift linkage brackets and levers and crap for a few hours the other day. everything was going together good, sonnax aftermarket bracket fit great lined up the shift cable worked perfect....until i put in the front driveshaft . bracket, lever, and cable all needed to be reworked. ended up just bending up the stock 6l80 cable bracket to keep it in line and under the pan bolts. i ordered a shift lever from an older 4l80 equipped 4x4 truck that looks like it offsets around the driveshaft a lot better i may have to put a little more bend on it but should work.

pcm of nc harness worked out perfect no issues with it. circle d frankenstein converter also went in good, pull out was right at 3/16 but i put in the slim washers they send with it anyway to set it 1/8" (easy to do with bottom of flexplate/converter open) i will probably pick up the lower cover eventually.

i just dropped off my stock rear driveshaft with local guy to get shortened 2" to get it rolling asap. front driveshaft; i had to get shortened when i swapped in the 9.25ifs - so now a stock one works perfect (which i bought a while back in case i needed to go back to a 8.25ifs.

Quick Reply: T6 turbo input