FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

T6 turbo input

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

yea, it should make a bit of a statement when the hood's popped

cant use the riser for the oil fill and cap itself wont go into valve cover - is there any years that will work?

after test fitting everything, i pulled turbo/dp back out to wrap the downpipe, tighten all the hardware for the manifolds/plugs/put on wires/etc. started putting it all back into stay and had a hell of a time getting downpipe back together to turbo and wastegate but just took some finesse wigglin the **** out of it and getting a couple threads at a time. moved all the o2 sensors, maf, amp meter and had enough slack on the harness to hook them all back up. turbo to ic pipe needs to go in but easy,and finish up downpipe to the rest of the exhaust
got a few more things to button up and should be time to fire up - mostly turbo drain and transmission cooler got to move and hook back up, coolant reservoir can probably halfass for now but will swap eventually

Last edited by randeez; 02-19-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:53 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Oh you’ll have fun with it, to me mine is a blast to drive.
The following users liked this post:
TrickTurbo (02-22-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:39 PM
Launching!

been just taking my time and trying not to cut any corners. going to suck cause once i get it all back together i cant turn it up much till i get more pump/injector. will prob grab injectors and just push the flex fuel pump for a bit
Old 02-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by randeez
yea, it should make a bit of a statement when the hood's popped

cant use the riser for the oil fill and cap itself wont go into valve cover - is there any years that will work?

after test fitting everything, i pulled turbo/dp back out to wrap the downpipe, tighten all the hardware for the manifolds/plugs/put on wires/etc. started putting it all back into stay and had a hell of a time getting downpipe back together to turbo and wastegate but just took some finesse wigglin the **** out of it and getting a couple threads at a time. moved all the o2 sensors, maf, amp meter and had enough slack on the harness to hook them all back up. turbo to ic pipe needs to go in but easy,and finish up downpipe to the rest of the exhaust
got a few more things to button up and should be time to fire up - mostly turbo drain and transmission cooler got to move and hook back up, coolant reservoir can probably halfass for now but will swap eventually

we might have an oil cap that screws right back in there.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Think I found some holley caps that say they go right into the valve cover
https://www.holley.com/products/acce.../parts/241-224

bout time for an oil drain, waiting on new oil pan gasket. And I had to grab a new transmission cooler, couldnt find anywhere good to put the trucool 40k back in
Old 02-22-2019, 10:48 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

It will need 2 grooves “ threads” in memory is correct.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:14 PM
Launching!

yep - two different sized groves, the holley cap worked though
got the oil drain into the pan, finished up all the intercooler pipes, drilled/tapped turbo cover and intake for wg/bov references, checked to make sure everything is tight
still have a few things to finish up waiting on new transmission cooler (just loop'd the lines together so i could start up check for oil leaks)
need to finish up exhaust back to the rest, to loud with dumped exhaust to notice any leaks
Did get it started back up today

Old 02-23-2019, 10:05 PM
Launching!

couple of "pre-tuning" questions...

zr-1 ma[ sensor should be a direct swap for my 2012, part#12592525?
should i break out the iat sensor from the maf and use a dedicated one?
stock e38 pcm will allow up to 127lb injectors?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Yes, that MAP should be a direct swap. Change the linear and offset settings as required.

If you are still going to use that MAF, leave the IAT sensor. No real reason to get rid of it.

A 2012 E38 will allow up to 127lb/hr before scaling is required, you can easily double that size of flow rate if need be with a few tricks. But if you are under 127lb/hr just plug in the correct data and be on your way.
The following users liked this post:
randeez (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Sounds good...was going to keep the maf until it's more of a hassle than its worth and 127lb was about what I had planned on using

Quick Reply: T6 turbo input