FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

supercharged catchcan advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Default supercharged catchcan advice needed

I have a upr catchcan now on my tvs 1900 supercharged 6.0. I haven't been seeing any oil in the can for awhile now. I have it routed from the pcv to the can then from the can to a check valve back to the a port on the supercharger. The passenger cover has a hose from the barb to the intake tube like stock.

Is their a better way or a better idea to route this or a way it should be since its supercharged..? Its still maf tuned and not sd for now. Please let me know, i know this catch can deal has been beat to death but i went thru alot of searches looking and not many thoughts are the same.

Last edited by flatblack83; 04-23-2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Yes advice is spelled with a c.....i know some will catch that.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Tcehing In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I treat both valve covers equally. The barbs off the valve covers go to my catch can, then from the catch can a vacuum line goes to the intake before the throttle body, after the maf. No PCV or check valves.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

So since the stock pcv is empty i can leave that and run a hose from that and the right valve cover barb to a t into the can.(can is single in and out) Then the can to the intake tube..? I have it in my 4 inch tube about half way between the maf and throttlebody. Plug up the vac port the can went to before after the throttlebody..? This way is ok to do with pushing high boost with a pd blower..?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:09 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flatblack83
I have a upr catchcan now on my tvs 1900 supercharged 6.0. I haven't been seeing any oil in the can for awhile now. I have it routed from the pcv to the can then from the can to a check valve back to the a port on the supercharger. The passenger cover has a hose from the barb to the intake tube like stock.
This is correct except no need for a check valve....catch can should be connected to a port on the blower inlet, before the rotors, where it will never see boost.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:10 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flatblack83
This is correct except no need for a check valve....catch can should be connected to a port on the blower intake, before the rotors, where it will never see boost, only vacuum.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DrX
This is correct except no need for a check valve....catch can should be connected to a port on the blower intake, before the rotors, where it will never see boost, only vacuum.
Ok, thankyou. I will remove the check valve, it doesn't pick up much oil set up this way tho. Thats why i asked about the routing. If thats how it needs to be then great, the less oil the better. The port before the rotors is where its hooked up. Exactly where your stock pcv would be hooked too. Every oil change i am lucky to see a tea spoonful.