FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

stock engine capability

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologies...I cant name them, I might miss one. A good way to see what they know..is look at their signatures under their posts. Do searches on the products that you are looking at. I am sure the products you are looking at, A few people have already done it. Let their experience help you. There is so many different ways to get to the 550hp mark, Forced induction (blower or turbo), Blower in a bottle (NOS), or the combination of the two. I cam across a video with a Denali that had two superchargers on it (Amazing).

First and foremost, start with a good camshaft. I am no expert on which one will get you closer to 550hp, The camshaft is the heart of the engine. It dictates what other "accessories" can do.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The vortech can and will do the job but the experience of most people on this site in particular has been for being Pro-Magnasum Superchargers for the following reasons...
1) Reliability
2) Power increase
3) Customer Support
4) Ease of instal
5) Quality of the product/what you get for your money.

Also, what you posted about the details of the vortech supercharger is Advertizing. Not saying it's not true, but advertizing is worded to sell a product and not necessarily tell the whole story. You can find similar (propoganda) on every FI companies web site.
Read the stickies at the top of the FI page for the Pro's and Cons of each FI system as experienced by the customers, and not the advertising department of the respective companies.

TB spacer does nothing, especially on EFI motors where a FI system will be applied. On old school carburated motors a carb spacer has it's place, but not with your motor.

PCM4less tune might get you to half way to where you wanna be tune wise. Nothing beats a custom tune from a reputable tuner. From a GOOD tuner... a mail-order tune will work fine for most applications provided the set-up isn't too extreme. With the exception of chaning tire size and speed limiter...hand-helds (In my opinon) are crap and might as well buy a sticker and shove it on your window.

Not many people run Edelbrock headers, but most companies headers flow the same as they use the same size piping and collectors. Difference in pricing from companies is because of the materials used, the quality of assembly + fit and finish, and name brand recognition. Edelbrock has great name brand recognition so I assume your fine with their headers, just make sure they are LT's as they flow the most.

Cats are a big restriction in the exhaust set-up, delete it if you feel comfortable. If you don't feel comfortable then get some high flow cats or do something, it's hard to make power if yuo don't.

Your gearing makes absolutely no difference with how much power you make, it's a torque multiplier. Choose your gearing for reasons pertaining your tire and wheel combinations and for what you use your truck for(towing/hauling, street racing, drag strip racing, DD'ing, race courses, etc...).

Tires and Wheels will make a HUGE difference on how much power you make. If you can't afford to upgrade the fuel, drivetrain, cooling, systems of your vehicle...reducing the unsprung weight of your wheels and tires will net you significant power increases if your running big tires.

Hope this helps, if not PM 1slow01Z71. He loves making friends with new members on here and has lots and lots of patience when it comes to answering questions, whether they be silly or not.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoolin- thank you very much for the great info.

I am starting to lean towards a turbo now. Anyone have one in particular? My thought has changed cuz the turbo seems to be cheaper and easier to add more power too.

Note- I will admit I am very novice when it comes to engine work. But I am very eager to learn though. So any/more information the better.