FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

still have fuel pressure issue with radix kit, after installing new pump setup!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, truck never made it off road in that little adventure though. and no, fuel lines are in great shape. never been touched.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudAzzLoStepside
lol, truck never made it off road in that little adventure though. and no, fuel lines are in great shape. never been touched.
sounds like you need to spend more time troubleshooting to me, think basic mechanics here, I know you don't want to hear it, but thats what these things take sometimes. Start at one end and work toward the other, you will find the problem if you are thorough and diligent. I know it sucks, but such is Auto Mechanics sometimes.

did you double check the accordian fuel line like I suggested previously?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

not remembering your previous suggestion on checking accordian fuel line. What are you speaking of exactly?

as for troubleshooting. i've been over the entire system and beyond, multiple times. I'm going to keep going over it, but i'm getting very frustrated, because i think i've double checked every nut and bolt multiple times.

i'm willing to check anything again though, because i agree with you.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:52 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudAzzLoStepside
not remembering your previous suggestion on checking accordian fuel line. What are you speaking of exactly?

as for troubleshooting. i've been over the entire system and beyond, multiple times. I'm going to keep going over it, but i'm getting very frustrated, because i think i've double checked every nut and bolt multiple times.

i'm willing to check anything again though, because i agree with you.
when you swap intank fuel pumps it is the clear accordian fuel line that replaces the stock black one. maybe the metal crimps are not completely tight or have enough surface area to clamp securely, or the tube is compromised, not unheard of.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i double checked the original assembly before i took it apart,as did i double check the original radix setup (# 1 ) and all was well. the accordian tube was replaced with the new radix setup ( # 2 ).

how tight should the metal clamps be? i feel i tightened them very well. i clamped them till it almost touched. they seemed extremely tight, but not too tight to ruin the plastic.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

what other parts of the install that affect fuel pressure, should i check.... yet again?

i've checked the entire install, twice. any particular systems/parts i should really spend extra time re-checking with a fine tooth comb? ( not that i haven't done the entire thing like that, twice. )
Old 02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

LoudAzzLoStepside,
I feel your pain, I have the exact same problem, My idle fuel pressure is @ 62 and at wide open drops to 50 and than creaps up alittle but never higher than 55 at WOT.
Magnacharger sent me out a new fuel pump going to install on thur. They also seem to think it is not the pump and it is a install issue but unlike you mine did great for the first 4 or so months and than droped. Not trying to steel your post but it does sound like the same problem.
Mark
Old 02-26-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you reading pressure from? I would hook a mechanical guage directly to the rail where the relief valve is and tape it to the windshield go for a drive-just to make sure it isnt a problem with your existing FP unit.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have it on a wide band yet?
Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Where are you reading pressure from? I would hook a mechanical gauge directly to the rail where the relief valve is and tape it to the windshield go for a drive-just to make sure it isn't a problem with your existing FP unit.
This is why I asked electronic or mechanical gauge. I hammered Brian when I did my install in august 2004...same issues. Turns out my gauge (electronic) had a "poor" ground...as rpm's went up it caused the sending unit to have...separation anxiety. The ground was good, just to much interference. Bring a ground directly from you battery into where you have your gauges grounded. Might not be the problem, but will eliminate future issues. Ground is good. (so is a clean positive)

Quick Reply: still have fuel pressure issue with radix kit, after installing new pump setup!