FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Something is off with my ProCharger......

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
i would contact spayed99 on here he has a good contact for a full billit tcs converter and very good prices . and pulleys if you want a reg 3.7 from procharger put a wanted ad out i have one but dont know if i want to part with it yet, and if you want something special contact reichard racing for the no slip grip pulleys
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Originally Posted by black00chev
I would hope he could break tires loose with that PC on. Im practicly stock and can spin tires from a stop without power braking.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say Justin probably has a conservative tune in place for you. Did he do the cable tune or Live/dyno tune? I would also reccommend bigger injectors and a good fuel pump to make good use of what you have there.

I don't think he gave me a conservative tune, but it was just a tune based on the data I gave him. A couple months later my buddy did the cable tune and Justin was nice enough to take a look at my performance as well and he said everything looked good. I did have a loss in fuel pressure when downshifting from a cruising speed of 30-40, that was it

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Where are you located?

Boston, Do you know of anyone that tunes with a dyno in my area?

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Get yourself a Yank PT3200 and you will be happy with your ProCharger.

It sounds like a new verter is what everyone is preaching

Originally Posted by 02'Z71ONDUBZ'
With a stock fuel system, you tune is going to be very conservative. If you had it tuned via mail order, then it will be even more so. Go get a fuel system and a boost gauge, lose the pos fmu, decide if you need to pulley down or not to get you to around 8psi, and have someone tune it on the street or dyno with a wideband. You will see a night and day difference. Then start saving for a tranny, cause it will soon be on its way out. If you put a stall in with the stock tranny, your just gonna have to send it back off to get it cut and cleaned when your tranny does go, to the tune of +-$250

You think so? the flex fuel model has a larger volume fuel pump and 33lb injectors, you'd think that would suffice? What injectors and pump are you running?

I'm going to look into a boost gauge this weekend. Is it really a boost gauge or a vacuum gauge

I saw no difference with the fmu...

thanks for the help guys!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Im running a walbro 255lph fuel pump in the tank and 60lb injectors. I went with those injectors just to give me the room to grow. That pump will support 550whp without any pressure drop, if not more. You need to go with a set of 44lb injectors at the least. With that pump and injectors, you will have no need for the FMU. My boost gauge is an autometer that reads vacuum as well as boost up to 20psi, its nice to be able to watch the vacuum while cruising. I will also recommend a wideband afr gauge for safety. Install this stuff and take it to a get it tuned in person, and your rig will feel like a different animal IMO
Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Teching In

You don't happen to have any links or part #'s for these items, do you? I dont' know if this is like asking your favorite fishing holes
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever get my PM/??
Old 08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Teching In

No sir, you can reach me at murphy1716 at yahoo dot com
Old 08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

email sent
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Don't even ask about my fishin' holes lol
Here is the Fuel Pump I have. It fits in the 99-03 return style buckets well because of the offset inlet on the bottom. Not sure how the later model buckets are. This is the Fuel Line I used as well. Only other thing I bought was fuel line clamps that were solid rather than worm gear clamps that would cut into the line. Here are the Fuel Injectors you need, you can usually find a set for around $200-$250 on here when they come around.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed for updates...

FYI, my 2002 Flex Tahoe was good to 470/501 with a 6.0L, Maggie @9psi. I added 42# injectors, boost-a-pump, and an inline walboro 255.

I think you need a good dyno tune. I know our SC's are different stlyes but, I can't keep traction to save my life if I just stab the go pedal.

A converter will make a big difference. At $900-$1200 for a good boost/tow capable converter it's a pricey upgrade. I nice 6.0L engine can be found for not much more
If you're set on keeping the 5.3 and that SC then a PI triple disc converter, pulley to up the boost to 8-9psi, and a dyno tune will make a HUGE diference. Then you will just need a new transmission
Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Teching In

This really seems like an 'all or nothing' scenerio. To get the results I want I need
Fuel pump - $200
fuel injectors - $50x8 $400
fuel injector cable adapter for flex fuel - $150
converter - 900-1200
dyno tune - $500
pulley - 100-200
within a year, a new modified tranny installed 2-3k

This is my daily driver and I tow 7k lbs every weekend, I can't have any down time.

For $4250 - $5650 in parts, I may as well find an old muscle car project to beat the sh%t out of. Thanks guys, you answered my questions
Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mdelgado
This really seems like an 'all or nothing' scenerio. To get the results I want I need
Fuel pump - $200
fuel injectors - $50x8 $400
fuel injector cable adapter for flex fuel - $150
converter - 900-1200
dyno tune - $500
pulley - 100-200
within a year, a new modified tranny installed 2-3k

This is my daily driver and I tow 7k lbs every weekend, I can't have any down time.

For $4250 - $5650 in parts, I may as well find an old muscle car project to beat the sh%t out of. Thanks guys, you answered my questions
Man you havent done much shopping around have you