FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

SLP tvs2300 on a NNBS 07 vortec max

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP tvs2300 on a NNBS 07 vortec max

Hey Guys,

Looking at a good deal on a new SLP TVS 2.3 for my truck.

The kit is actually for an '09 and up 6.2 truck, here is what I have found so far.

From what I can find the blower will bolt up, however I would require a custom tune. I guessing the "intune" that it comes with wouldnt work with my combo due to the tranny difference mines a 4L70e, all the 09 trucks are 6 speeds from what I remeber.

Anyone out there running a TVS 2300 on a 6.0 truck? This unit comes with a 98 mm pulley, which works out to around 3.8 inches, just curious what kind of boost to expect.

I've done a few searches here for where to find pulleys for this design, pressed on, but couldnt find any solid answers

SLP wasn't a bunch of help when I called them yesterday, told me the belt may not line up etc.

Anyone out there have any input or thoughts?

TIA

Tony
Old 05-01-2014, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

whats a guy named TURBOtony doing looking for a supercharger..lol
i believe tvs units usually come setup to run 6psi for around a 100hp gain, could be wrong on that tho. a tune for a simple blower install could be done anywhere that has decent knowledge on ls stuff, or even mailorder if needed and would probably better than the box tune that comes with it..
i think a square port whipple just came up fs in the classifieds on here is another option..
whats done to the syclone in your sig?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skolman91
whats a guy named TURBOtony doing looking for a supercharger..lol
i believe tvs units usually come setup to run 6psi for around a 100hp gain, could be wrong on that tho. a tune for a simple blower install could be done anywhere that has decent knowledge on ls stuff, or even mailorder if needed and would probably better than the box tune that comes with it..
i think a square port whipple just came up fs in the classifieds on here is another option..
whats done to the syclone in your sig?
Well, BLOWER Tony didnt have the right, err, ring to it LOL.

I like everything to do with turbos, have owned Sytys, Buicks, and even put a turbo on my sled. Kinda want a blower for the truck cause its simple, bolt on and cheap, well kinda cheap...

The tune isn't a problem, have a very good freind who runs a large machine/tuning/custom shop locally with a mustang dyno.

The Syclone has everything done to it, started as a simple engine rebuild in the summer of 2000, ended up bieng the first truck to run 10's on a stock ECM and manifolds in 2001. Mostly thanks the the above mentioned friend. Its been just collecting dust for the last number of years, new house, new career and two kids have been the cause of that.

Anyway, back to the blower. Ive read the 07.5 trucks have an option to run a 2 bar map and can actually be tuned for boost? If so very cool.

Toward the end of my previous career I installed many many magnuson systems and was just getting into HP tuners and playing with the hardcore tuning of the ECM on my crew cab, time to get back into it I guess.

Currently the truck has a corsa sport cat back, aem intake and a custom tune, put down 370 to the wheels on 87 octane. It needed some long tubes to go any further at the time and I just never got back to it.

This deal popped up on the blower and it kinda got me refired up. Just trying to decide if I want to drop a bunch of money into a truck that I seldom drive anymore.

Tony
Old 05-01-2014, 11:37 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Yea that 3.8 won't make much in the way of boost... Bit with stock manifolds it will be ok. My first mods would be a nice set of 1 7/8" headers and a 3.2" pulley.

You shouldn't have any problem with the alignment, but you are correct on that the tune won't work for you.

Hell of you don't want the blower send them my way. Deep down I've been looking for an excuse to grab a 2300 haha
Old 05-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Yea that 3.8 won't make much in the way of boost... Bit with stock manifolds it will be ok. My first mods would be a nice set of 1 7/8" headers and a 3.2" pulley.

You shouldn't have any problem with the alignment, but you are correct on that the tune won't work for you.

Hell of you don't want the blower send them my way. Deep down I've been looking for an excuse to grab a 2300 haha
It seems odd to me that they install such a large pulley, of course thats just going from the specs they posted online in the instructions. I haven't seen the blower in person yet.

That brings back one of my original questions, where can I get pulleys for this set up? They are a press on design. I found some threads where guys had made thier own but couldn't seem to find a vendor who sells such a thing.

Tony
Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Do you have any pictures of this style blower?
Old 05-02-2014, 04:38 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The SLP 2300s I've seen have bolt on pullies , so that's pretty easy , you will just have to see if it's the same as a Maggie TVS pulley , if not it's not hard at all to have smaller ones made .

The next issue is your heads, the blower has square port intake runners as does the 6.2 , I can't remember if your Vmax has square or cathedral ? No biggie though .

Tuning is easy just need to find competent tuner . No diff than anything else.

It should be a basic bolt on , since it's designed for the truck accessorie drive . Any little thing that pops up it looks like you can handle seeing your sig list

My Blower was sold under the roush name and SLP . I had to mod my snout for pulley changes , everything else was pretty well bolt on except for drill and tapping of the IAT sensor , again no biggie .
Old 05-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

The 07+ VMax has the same L92 square port heads.

Thats what my saab has on its 6.0.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:02 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
The 07+ VMax has the same L92 square port heads.

Thats what my saab has on its 6.0.
Thankyou my friend
Old 04-29-2015, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Still have the blower new in boxes on the top shelf in the garage while I decide what to do with it.

The more I read the more roadblocks I seem to run into. The blower will bolt on, no problems there.

This is where it gets complicated, the truck developed a very slight valve on cold start this past winter and the last oil sample I sent in came back with some signs of iron in the oil. I'm thinking the cam is done.

Not a huge problem, id just swap to a more blower freindly cam and delete the AFM and VVT timing to make things a bit more simple and reliable.

Here is where it comes off the rails...

If I do the cam swap and install the blower its kind of silly to be breathing through the stock manifolds, so some 1 7/8 headers would go on.

If I do the above I'm going to guess the stock fuel pump isn't going to keep up, the truck is a non flex fuel truck with a FPCM mounted below the bed. I see edelbrock makes a kit with what I gather is an E85 pump with a reprogrammed FPCM, but they aren't all that cheap and I don't need the injectors that kit comes with. I'm going to talk to one of my old co workers tomorrow and see about programming my FPCM to work with an E85 pump.

The next concern is the tranny, its a 4L70e truck and lets face it, a 4x4 crew cab with the above mods done is going to kill the 70e at some point.

Anyone have any guesses on what boost the stock fuel system would be good for?

I'm looking for anyone with advice or experience with a similar build or mods.

At this point the truck is like a sore dick, do i f**k with it or not...

Thoughts, feelings, suggestions?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Quick Reply: SLP tvs2300 on a NNBS 07 vortec max