FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Simple PCV question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple PCV question.

On the stock crankcase ventilation system, why does one side have a PCV and the other just plumb into the TB nipple?
Any why does one vent to a source of vacumn and one a source of very low vaumn?
Trying to track down some information to deal with my crankcase pressure issues and how to vet properly without causing more issue than what I have.
thanks guys.
There have been quite a few threads as well as posts within threads talking about the STS oil puking issues under boost.
Lets get this resolved and get a solution for all the FI people that have any issues wheteher major or minor, oil blow by can be a dangerous situation just waiting to happen.
Just ask F8L Z71 about his fire sometime.

Sorry it was really two questions.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Well since I've had no replies, I'll have to reply to myself for others information exchange.
I mailed Dave South at STS. He sent me two word docs on the issues with improper wiring, oil barfing and related topics.
Dave got back to me quick with a lot of things to check and try.
If anyone would like any more information please e-mail dave at STS or call them directly, or just pm me too.

I want to personally thank Dave and STS for getting back to me soo quick!
A+ company.

Tim
Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

To answer your first question, the PCV vales on the drivers side is a check valve that connects to vacuum so it is sucking the fumes out of the crank case and the vent on the pass side is to let fresh air into the crank case to replace the air/fumes the PCV valve sucked out. That why it is before the TB. There is not a valve on it, so when your in boost, it needs to be closed off so the boost isn't blowing into the crank case. If you need some more help with this, PM and I'll give you my number so we can talk. I'm pretty good with this stuff and have never had any oil puking problems with my truck.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kbracing96
To answer your first question, the PCV vales on the drivers side is a check valve that connects to vacuum so it is sucking the fumes out of the crank case and the vent on the pass side is to let fresh air into the crank case to replace the air/fumes the PCV valve sucked out. That why it is before the TB. There is not a valve on it, so when your in boost, it needs to be closed off so the boost isn't blowing into the crank case. If you need some more help with this, PM and I'll give you my number so we can talk. I'm pretty good with this stuff and have never had any oil puking problems with my truck.
Makes sense, thanks for the help on this.