FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix and Meth questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix and Meth questions

I think I want to spray some meth in my Radix w/ 2.8" pulley (11.5 psi), but, I have some questions...
1. What kit do others use?
2. Where do you introduce the spray at?
3. Can I use my existing windshield washer bottle (bottle only to hold the fluid)?
4. What kind of decrease in IAT's do you see when you are spraying?
5. What are you doing w/ your tune for spray or not....meaning are you pulling fuel when you spray?

Thanks,
Damon
Old 02-23-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBlackAv
I think I want to spray some meth in my Radix w/ 2.8" pulley (11.5 psi), but, I have some questions...
1. What kit do others use? Snow
2. Where do you introduce the spray at? Before TB (intake tube)
3. Can I use my existing windshield washer bottle (bottle only to hold the fluid)? Yes
4. What kind of decrease in IAT's do you see when you are spraying? Uhhh, depends on mixture, nozzle ambient air...+/-20-50% reduction.
5. What are you doing w/ your tune for spray or not....meaning are you pulling fuel when you spray? Meth is on all the time when under boost, Advanced timing, adjust A/F ratio depending on mixture used to name a few.

Thanks,
Damon
See comments in red.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:31 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are going this route, be sure you dont run outta Meth. You have to remember that once that meth is out, the timing is still there. If you hammer on it and the meth is not there...There is one word that can explain what WILL happen: B M
Old 02-23-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alky control gets the most positive comments. I bought one. Not installed yet. The wiper fluid bottle comes with it.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

BC, I know i have to be careful....but right now i have a 35 shot of N2O and do not like it...I feel no difference and am getting some detonation in the middle rpms.

Jim, I want to use my existing fluid bottle, I have precious little room under the hood. I know a lot of people have a bottle in the right rear of the engine compartment, but I have a 2nd battery located there.

One of the problem w/ the N2O (I think) is that it is spraying pre-boost, so, I wonder if the meth will be not effective for the same reason?

I don't see an Alky Control kit for us Radix users, does he have something that is well suited for us?

Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBlackAv
One of the problem w/ the N2O (I think) is that it is spraying pre-boost, so, I wonder if the meth will be not effective for the same reason?
When are you spraying the N2O? Is it triggered by a WOT switch? If I do add my Nitrous kit I would be spraying a 35 shot through the whole run. I want it more for an intercooler. If you're spraying before the boost comes on and then stopping, then you're not bringing down the temp of the air charge when it needs it most, while its compressed. If you would, explain exactly how you have your N2O setup.
On Topic: Meth is a good system to run to cool temps. I wouldn't go spraying windshield washer fluid in there however. Find a place that sells 100% meth and mix it with water, or use it straight. Too many variables in washer fluid IMO. Call this guy. http://www.alkycontrol.com/ He will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about meth injection.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know how quick you want it but I'll see what kind of cash and carry price I can get you on a SMC when I'm there next weekend getting mine put on, if you would like. He might do a little better if you were to paypal the money to me and I paid him in cash.

I could also look at different tank sizes that might work for you since my AV is going to be there. I'm putting my tank where you have your battery but I could use mine to look for alternative locations and which tank would fit.

Let me know.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

my N2O (only, dry kit) is sprayed in the plastic Magnacharger tube about 12" before the throttle body and once it is armed it is activated w/ a boost reference switch that starts the spray w/ anything above 1.5 psi it is supposedly a 35 shot but it is going through a .035" jet.

something else that comes to mind...if you spray n2o and Meth, would that give the same effect as running a wet system?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KY_BOB
I don't know how quick you want it but I'll see what kind of cash and carry price I can get you on a SMC when I'm there next weekend getting mine put on, if you would like. He might do a little better if you were to paypal the money to me and I paid him in cash.

I could also look at different tank sizes that might work for you since my AV is going to be there. I'm putting my tank where you have your battery but I could use mine to look for alternative locations and which tank would fit.

Let me know.
That sounds great Bob...ideally i would like it to work w/ my existing bottle and though I would like that bottle to work w/ both my windshield washer and the meth injection, i would consider disconnecting the windshield washer and just use the factory bottle only for meth.
Thanks and let me know.... it still wouldn't be a bad idea to check out his other bottles and see if there is another location that one could go.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Alkycontrol here

I have not hooked it up on my Radix yet. I used it on my turbo setup. It has a few safe guards with the kit to help keep you from blowing anything up but nothing is foolproof as you know.

Quick Reply: Radix and Meth questions