FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger vs magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Don't forget one little fact. You're trying to make a heavy truck go faster and be more fun to drive. It really needs to pull hard on the low end. A maggie is the way to go..... others need not apply. It's all there in the kit and it won't grenade your motor unless you get crazy with it. The Magnuson boys do a good job. Not saying the other kits aren't good, they're just a step or two behind.
to answer some questions i have done a search on here and i was trying to narrow it down and i think i have a good idea of what i am looking for.

a maggie? you got a link?
Come Tuesday i will hit up a buddy of mine to see what kind of pricing i can get! and let you know who i am going with! thanks for all the help
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For basic, the most complete(to go faster in the beginning) the maggie in the start.. If you have a rcsb truck, a procharger, a 3000+ verter along with 410's will be a hard combo to beat.. If you don't want add a stall or the gears, the magg will be most suited for you...

BTW MODDDDDDS we need a sticky of a few of these vs threads, so people can see this when they log in. This is like the 5000th time this month for that same post.. LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Just wondering.....How can a procharger make more power?
Originally Posted by trever1t
lol, by replacing with a larger blower?

This question has been beat to frigging death!! Try the search button, the sticky's at the top of this and every other section. Not trying to be hard on you but really, how can we tell you what is best for you?

Oh, wait....MAGNACHARGER FTW
OK I have always been told that the centrifigal blowers have the ability to make more over all power i.e. not limited to how much you can squeze out of one versus a roots type ..From track results I have seen it has seemed to be the case...DO I know from personal experience? No just in my reading etc.. it always seemed to be the consensus but i could be wrong.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:12 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brobradh77
OK I have always been told that the centrifigal blowers have the ability to make more over all power i.e. not limited to how much you can squeze out of one versus a roots type ..From track results I have seen it has seemed to be the case...DO I know from personal experience? No just in my reading etc.. it always seemed to be the consensus but i could be wrong.
My personal experiance is pretty extensive, not sure where to start.

Today on Kenny Duttweilers dyno we had a 2300 TVS @ 14 psi on a 434 world block making 900 ft pounds @ 2800 RPM....and the boost was a solid 14 psi all the way to 6800 rpm.

You use the word "roots".......Yes by definition the Magna Charger is a Roots Supercharger, however we like to refer to it as a Hybrid Roots. We are running a 160* twist on the 4 lobe rotors, this allows for FAR better efficiency over a roots 2 lobe and 3 lobe supercharger.

Magna Charger is not your Grand Dads GMC blower,it is technology maximized for performance and quality. I assure you, the track results from a new Magna Charger TVS will far exceed what you have seen in the past, and will even surprise some of those centrifugal guys.

As advised by the other members, make sure you do your research. One will give you years of dependable performance, with room to grow....in two boxes. The other requires some added parts to make it perform like the other.

Boost for Boost on a like vehicle I will take a Magna Charger over ANYTHING.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

man how did I pull a 1.7 60' in my light truck,it is stalled but Magnacharger's like stalls too

Also when I read how the TVS is decribed in most threads it pretty much sounds like a Procharger.

I really wish we could really have a race with all things = on 2 trucks but the blowers.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Magnacharger's like stalls too
but does not NEED it
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe the all mighty TVS does
boost comes in later
Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
maybe the all mighty TVS does
boost comes in later
Not so much......Boost is pretty much right now, it just does not hit like the little 112 does.

All Mighty....LMAO
Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Today on Kenny Duttweilers dyno we had a 2300 TVS @ 14 psi on a 434 world block making 900 ft pounds @ 2800 RPM....and the boost was a solid 14 psi all the way to 6800 rpm.
gawd damn
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

TVS for the win!

Now if I could only afford one.

Quick Reply: Procharger vs magnacharger