FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Pissed at STS kit design!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by treyZ28
how much is the cmotorsports kit?
They dont market the kit. From what I have heard you have to call them and have them make one to order. Livernois is the only other option for us, besides the STS. I looked under my truck, which is lowered 2/4 and the line that I believe you are talking about isnt that close to the underside at all. It must have been installer error.
TreyZ28~ Purchaser error huh????? Then I guess this was the best error I ever made. 11.80 out of a 4.8 seems like a big mistake to me
Old 11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read above man. I never doubted it works.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Registered abuser

if it was so great the OEMs would be using a similar setup...
Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
if it was so great the OEMs would be using a similar setup...
no. the oems are idiots. they have thousands of engineers and thousands of PHD's working on designing systems but too dumb to realize this. they are all pocket protector wearing nerds that came from MIT and none are enthusiasts.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered abuser

no. the oems are idiots. they have thousands of engineers and thousands of PHD's working on designing systems but too dumb to realize this. they are all pocket protector wearing nerds that came from MIT and none are enthusiasts.

ohhhhhh, ok. i see now!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

it really amazes me how little faith people have in OEM and much faith they have in aftermarket.
My roomate works for Hella OEM and he always tells me about how crappy aftermarket lighting is. Apparently lighting is INCREDIBLY complex and aftermarket companies really do a poor job. It takes 3 years to design a lighting system!

I cant talk about them, but i'm pretty familiar with GM's durability and test standards. Although I think they suck compared to the company i work for now in terms of length of durability- they really think of ******* everything. they test for everything. some stupid crap you'd never even think of. But you dont think of them because they do.

Its not magic that this that and the other thing don't discolor. You think its magic that your xxxx doesn't wear quickly from touching it so much. Think its magic that your truck doesn't overheat? Think its magic that you can sit in traffic on a 100* day and have AC still work (not well, but i bet it will still work). Think its magic nothing in the vehicle resonates at the same frequency and the car doesn't vibrate itself apart. Concidering how much crap rotates, resonates and so forth- its pretty impressive.

You need to specifically design a car so that the length and some other factors aren't on key to make pulses and such in the car. its REALLY incredible how much thought goes into stupid crap.

I worked in powertrain cool and I LOVE to watch retards make up their own cooling sytems. "why does my car over heat!" Because you dont have 3 years of R&D into it asshat. Put your fan shroud back on. Just because its an aftermarket fan doesn't mean its better, its probobly worse. same thing for radiators. I know my old company paid millions in R&D for fin and tube design to PHD's who specialized in fluid dynamics and heat transfer. You bet your *** their good designs are patented and locked up well.
Permacool probobly doesn't do that.
I love seeing radiators rated for a certain horsepower or fans rated at cfm. Its like rating tires in terms of power. Yeah, this is a 172 hp tire. :wtf:

Another company spent 3-6 months on tuning a vehicle alone. People think
"ohh hes the best LS1 tuner in the country" and he gets it done in 3 hours on a dyno. yeah, my ***. I watched one of the best, if not the best, ford tuner spend 4 months and not finish.

When you start paying attention to it, you really notice it. I noticed a huge difference in throttle responce after fixing an exhuast leak.

I mounted a turbo under my truck and it ended up working out poorly. I'm shocked. I'm all for modding, dont get me wrong- but adjust your expectations. Dont expect something this damn crazy to be flawless

you dont need to reinvent the wheel for everything- I'm sure your car will be just fine with a set of headers. But when you start going crazy- dont think its going to be the same as when you first bought the car.

Last edited by treyZ28; 11-09-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Registered abuser

lmfao @ 172hp tire... I know what you mean. its always a struggle to make a car drive like oem while making more power. either you gotta screw with it all the time, or it vibrates too much, or its loud . But enough with the hijacking of this thread. heh.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

one last thing, before you all think i'm an aftermarket hater-
some dude in australia developed a BAD *** GTO TT kit. Made me think "OEM performance package." He did a great job and it looks great. took them over 2 years and man does it show.
sadly, no one will understand this and they really wont get the sales they deserve imo
Old 11-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered abuser

one last thing, before you all think i'm an aftermarket hater-
some dude in australia developed a BAD *** GTO TT kit. Made me think "OEM performance package." He did a great job and it looks great. took them over 2 years and man does it show.
sadly, no one will understand this and they really wont get the sales they deserve imo
Peter at APS... yeah, I've been drooling over it for about 9 months.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Worrys about this kind of stuff are what made me work with Livernois to fit there system to my AV... Sorry to hear it man, that sucks...

Quick Reply: Pissed at STS kit design!!!