FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Pics of new Livernois kit with log-style manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick sent this to me in a PM when he and I were talking about the kit....

Originally Posted by SilverC5Vert
That is currently the only version we have, but I know there are a few guys running our kit with the 80-e. I'm not sure if they modded the pipe or not.

As far as fabrication, there are two minor items that will need to be made.

1) Mating the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust system. Since there are so many different catback systems, there isn't a generic piece that will work.

2) A custom A/C line will need to be fabricated. We wanted to include a line with the kit, however there are several different lines between make/model and model year. Most radiator / A/C shops should be able to do this relatively inexpensively.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which would you guys consider better, coated mild steel or SS? Would coated SS be the best option? I also noticed that the Livernois kit comes with a .58 A/R even though on the Garrett spec sheet says that it should be used on a 4.0l or smaller. The Trick comes with .81 A/R if I remember correctly, what would really be best and why? Looks as if the GT-40 w/ .58 A/R is working just fine on the Escalade 12.88 is smokin!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

different turbos,, but SS coated works extremely will. Hit WJ MARK up about heat controll.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
different turbos,, but SS coated works extremely will. Hit WJ MARK up about heat controll.
Yeah, we talked quite a bit....just as you and I have. Still checking sofa cushoins and piggy banks for change Heat control sounds great, but I'm also thinking about longevity of material.

I understand the turbos are different, but how can i compare the 2?
Old 06-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
Yeah, we talked quite a bit....just as you and I have. Still checking sofa cushoins and piggy banks for change Heat control sounds great, but I'm also thinking about longevity of material.

I understand the turbos are different, but how can i compare the 2?
You would need to look at there air flow maps and see which one fits your needs. I do not think our DP will fit the GT-40 exhaust housing...
Either material will work but SS will never rust even if the coating gets chipped off. YEA Mark is out pulling a 6000lb trailer to a car show.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i Wasn't dead set on going N/A i would seriously look at this or Tricks Kit but it looks top notch.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm assuming this kit will work just as well with the stock manifold? Does this manifold come with the kit and if so can you order the kit without it? Just wondering why it's included in the kit is all. Looks bitchin, not a fan of the 90 degree silicone connectors but it's definetly a well thought out kit and very well done.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
Which would you guys consider better, coated mild steel or SS? Would coated SS be the best option? I also noticed that the Livernois kit comes with a .58 A/R even though on the Garrett spec sheet says that it should be used on a 4.0l or smaller. The Trick comes with .81 A/R if I remember correctly, what would really be best and why? Looks as if the GT-40 w/ .58 A/R is working just fine on the Escalade 12.88 is smokin!

The 12.88 they ran in the escalade wasnt with the base turbo. I think it was with the gt67 upgrade at around 12 - 14 psi.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
The 12.88 they ran in the escalade wasnt with the base turbo. I think it was with the gt67 upgrade at around 12 - 14 psi.
yeah it was the gt-67 @ 13#, but I read somewhere that it had a .58 A/R. Sounded small to me, but I am still trying to learn about this stuff.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

WIcked, and really trick...looks like an easy install too...must be VERY expensive...looks like great r&d

Quick Reply: Pics of new Livernois kit with log-style manifold