FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

need some help guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help guys

do you think im going to need new injectors??

2005 6.0L,(returnless fuel system) radix, 3inch pulley,small cam GT2-3, LT headers and no cats.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

I have not yet found a way to log my injector duty cycle so I can't be sure but I am still running the 44# injectors with 9-10 psi boost. The fuel pressure seems to be OK at 65psi+ at WOT and the stock O2s are reading the same as they do at 5 psi boost. You really need to log using a wide band O2 and HPTuners or something to get your A/F ratio and injector duty cycle to know for sure. You might want to find someone to run it on a dyno for you or to do a street log to see what your injectors are reading.

How much boost are you seeing with that pully and are you running the 42# injectors that come with the radix kit? I think grippy is still running the radix supplied injectors with about 7 psi of boost. You might want to PM him (moregrip) because he has the same engine as you and is very knowledgeable about the radix.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

i have the stock radix injectors.dont have a boost gauge yet but i think its like 9 PSI.. i just got efilive but i dont think you can tell just by logging Injector duty cycle.

i copyd from horist website a Denali HD runin 10lb boost im using his injector flow rate table till my wait4me tune gets here but i dont want to romp on it till im sure im not running lean

ill pm moregrip and see if he is runing the stock injectors

thanks
Old 03-11-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

HPTuners has a way to calulate injector duty cycle and EFILive may have it as well. I think you log injector pulse width and then it is plugged into a calculation to find injector duty cycle.

Check out this thread Stats on tuning session yesterday and go down to post #6. Download the file injpwcalc and you may be able to use it to calculate injector duty cycle if EFILive can log injector pulse width. I'll bet if you look around in EFILive you may find that they will do the calculation for you but I am not sure about that. They seem to be very competitive with HPTuner.

You should really have a boost and fuel pressure gauge as well.

Some things it might be worthwhile logging:

RPM - Engine speed
Spark - Ignition timing
IAT - Intake Air Temperature
KR - Knock Retard
TPA - Throttle Position Angle
HO2S - O2 sensor Bank1/Sensor1
HO2S - O2 sensor Bank2/Sensor1
MAF - Mass Air Flow Sensor
LTFT Bank 1 - Long Term Fuel Trims Bank 1
LTFT Bank 2 - Long Term Fuel Trims Bank 2
STFT Bank 1
STFT Bank 2

You don't need to log them all at once. It is good to log TPA and RPM as a reference as to how hard you are accelerating and if you are at WOT for later viewing. If you do not have a Wideband O2 Sensor to log you can watch your HO2S to see what your narrow band readings are doing. They are not as accurate but do read at WOT and will give you an idea of how rich/lean you are running. At 9 psi of boost you want to see O2 readings around 900mv and not going down to much as the rpm go up to your shift points. You might want to back your timing off a bit until you know how everything is working. Somewhere around 13* might be a good place to start at WOT. Keep an eye out for KR and if you see any try to figure out what the problem is before going any farther.

Play safe and remember I am an amateur as well.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

wow thank for the info. i have no idea what im doing ill try to back the timing to 13* and then log the PIDs you suggested

thanks.