FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Need Help Understanding Routing of Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need Help Understanding Routing of Hoses

Art Skills

Everything I have colored in I (think) I have an understanding on. Tell me if it is wrong please. What I am for sure having trouble with is the boost reference on the fuel pressure regulator. And the top of the blow off valve? The other two ports that are shaded in black are I think a EVAP port off the intake and a port coming off of the Holly throttle body. Thank you in advance.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Wastegate to compressor cover is correct, just make sure you have the ports correct on the wastegate as the manufacturer intends. Double check these connections before going WOT. I am very thorough and still missed a bottom port on my wastegate which basically made all the boost when I went WOT.

Both valve covers should go to the catch can, the intake manifold should not go to the can as it would be pressurized under boost. Some people run a line from the catch can to the intake of the turbo so it pulls vacuum and evacuates crankcase vapors. I don't like that because it introduces oil into the piping, intercooler, intake manifold, etc.. You could run it to the intake manifold, but it would need a check valve so under boost it doesn't pressurize the catch can and valve covers. You would blow out seals pretty quick without a check valve

FPR and BOV both need a vacuum source after the throttle body, so somewhere on the intake manifold
Old 12-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Wastegate to compressor cover is correct, just make sure you have the ports correct on the wastegate as the manufacturer intends. Double check these connections before going WOT. I am very thorough and still missed a bottom port on my wastegate which basically made all the boost when I went WOT.

Both valve covers should go to the catch can, the intake manifold should not go to the can as it would be pressurized under boost. Some people run a line from the catch can to the intake of the turbo so it pulls vacuum and evacuates crankcase vapors. I don't like that because it introduces oil into the piping, intercooler, intake manifold, etc.. You could run it to the intake manifold, but it would need a check valve so under boost it doesn't pressurize the catch can and valve covers. You would blow out seals pretty quick without a check valve

FPR and BOV both need a vacuum source after the throttle body, so somewhere on the intake manifold

For compressor to waste gate am I getting confused or is there also a hole on the top of the waste gate I might be getting it confused with the BOV.

And ok I have to run a check valve on the catch can to the intake got ya.

Can I run a T from the blow off valve and fuel pressure regulator?
Old 12-11-2018, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...s-pics-521152/

post #5
Old 12-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Choda
Thank you for that I believe my mighty mouse wild catch can has a check valve built in I will see for sure
Old 12-11-2018, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it will work if there are check valves but not the best way to do it. Connect both covers together then get a clean side separator that mounds into the oil filler cap to go to catch can. For you cap off the intake. and the out port on can goes before turbo. the boost line is fine on wastegate.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM

Forgot to tell you I saw your build. Wow