FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

-Need advice for side-mount tune-

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -Need advice for side-mount tune-

Ok. I had it all figured out. I would get the handheld retuned for my truck and get the sc installed and running in my truck. Then after running the truck with the handheld tuner for a while I would get some type on dyno tune done. Well after Magnacharger had my tuner for a couple of weeks, now they tell me they cant retune it because it is too old. Well that was a waste of time. So by researching on this site I have figured that I have a few choices. Dyno or driving tune. This would be the best in my opinion but nobody in my area has the correct software. Nelson tune. I wouldnt mind going through them but I dont have 500 bucks to spend on a tune. The one person that could help me out would be Jesse Bubb since I already have an extra PCM truned through him. I figure I could give him the specs on the sc so he can give it a safe tune. Then get some datalogging done on a dyno and send the PCM back to him to be tuned up a little. Anybody heard of doing this? What other options do you guys think I have? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just called Jesse and he said we can try to work something out after the SEMA show. This probably wont be the easiest way to get it done but it should be ok. I heard that the injectors that come with the kit are GM 8.1 injectors. Jesse said he needs to what their flow ratings are. Anybody have an idea of what they are? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

You will need to find out if they are GM 8.1 truck or marine injectors although I suspect they are the marine injectors. The flow rates are quite different. I think the marine injectors flow 42# and the truck injectors flow around 30#. Someone should know the specs for you and maybe how to tell them apart.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cold, the injectors are 33 lb injectors not 43 lb.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Launching!

the side mount comes w 30lb injectors
thats what allen said mine had.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey Cold, I'm in the same boat as you. I have the sidemount kit sitting in my room and can't install it until I find out if I can get a mail order tune from Jesse (I want an 02 pcm tuned for the blower). please let me know what you find out, I may just get the same exact tune that you get since you have a 2002. I'm going to the SEMA show, is Jesse going to be there, who is he working for and where might he be? I may swing by and talk to him about our trucks if thats the case. Isn't it so frustrating having all that horsepower sitting in a box in your house but not able to install the damn thing just because of tuning let me know what you find out thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stand corrected. I thought they were 33s.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gmc²
the side mount comes w 30lb injectors
thats what allen said mine had.
Ok cool thanks. I'll make sure that I tell Jesse.

Originally Posted by gmc5.3L
hey Cold, I'm in the same boat as you. I have the sidemount kit sitting in my room and can't install it until I find out if I can get a mail order tune from Jesse (I want an 02 pcm tuned for the blower). please let me know what you find out, I may just get the same exact tune that you get since you have a 2002. I'm going to the SEMA show, is Jesse going to be there, who is he working for and where might he be? I may swing by and talk to him about our trucks if thats the case. Isn't it so frustrating having all that horsepower sitting in a box in your house but not able to install the damn thing just because of tuning let me know what you find out thanks.
I knew someone would have to be running into the same problems as me. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and you can use my experience to get yours going also. I just wish Magnacharger hadn't sat on my tuner for two weeks before getting back to me. I could've been tuning my truck right now. Jesse did say he was going to the SEMA show but he didnt give me any details so I cant help you there. If you see him definitely take the advantage to talk to him. And yes it is frustrating just having it sit there. I will let you know whatever I find out. Hey, your in Texas. Shouldn't you be able to get a dyno tune out there? Just to give you an example of the "dyno shops" around here, I called this one place about dyno tuning my truck with the sc. They asked what kind of tuner did I have. I said I dont that is why I am bringing it to you guys. They said,"Oh, we only dyno tune with handhelds like Hypertechs and Superchips." WTF!!!! Yah its nice up here but you dont have alot of luxuries like other states.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds good Cold, just let me know what happens with your tune. I'll see if I can find Jesse there but the show is so huge I bet it will be hard, even if I knew where he is going to be, I'll try my best. Thanks

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
Ok cool thanks. I'll make sure that I tell Jesse.

I knew someone would have to be running into the same problems as me. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and you can use my experience to get yours going also. I just wish Magnacharger hadn't sat on my tuner for two weeks before getting back to me. I could've been tuning my truck right now. Jesse did say he was going to the SEMA show but he didnt give me any details so I cant help you there. If you see him definitely take the advantage to talk to him. And yes it is frustrating just having it sit there. I will let you know whatever I find out. Hey, your in Texas. Shouldn't you be able to get a dyno tune out there? Just to give you an example of the "dyno shops" around here, I called this one place about dyno tuning my truck with the sc. They asked what kind of tuner did I have. I said I dont that is why I am bringing it to you guys. They said,"Oh, we only dyno tune with handhelds like Hypertechs and Superchips." WTF!!!! Yah its nice up here but you dont have alot of luxuries like other states.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by gmc5.3L
sounds good Cold, just let me know what happens with your tune. I'll see if I can find Jesse there but the show is so huge I bet it will be hard, even if I knew where he is going to be, I'll try my best. Thanks
I bet he will be around the EFILive guys in the Autotap booth. Thats where I would look for him.

Quick Reply: -Need advice for side-mount tune-