FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

MP122H Dyno Numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oxidizr
I will have more data soon as I work on the next MP122H application. The blower looks to be a promising addition and I don't doubt its ability to spin higher and support a larger motor.

Regardless, what good is a PSI rating? Is boost pressure not just a function of restriction? Will changing a cam profile and exhaust system not effect it? Then how is runnig "15 PSI" indicating anything. Look at this scenario for a moment:
A stock internals, stock displacement motor with stock exhaust with a blower shows 15 PSI.
A lower compression, blower heads / cam motor, with aftermarket LT headers and dual 3" exhaust shows 13 PSI on the same blower.

Is that a bad thing? Are we not looking for the HP number not the boost pressure? A drop in boost pressure is not going to equate to power loss in this scenario.

Richard
I realize boost is a measure of restriction,but what I am looking at is this.
Example-stock engine 3.0 pulley=10psi
Heads,cam,exhaust 3.0 pulley=7psi
I have a more effecient engine which means I have the ability to move even more air,so I would want to pully down and regain the lost "boost" persay, netting even more power. of course 15psi would not be the same cfm on a heads/cam engine as a stock engine. But if I built an engine that can move the air and handle as much as I can cram into it I want to know the blower is up to the task. I'm looking at this from the perspective of the guy that wants to get as much out of it as he can. If my setup can handle 15 psi and is built for it, it would suck to see the blower run out of breath and only move enough air to show 10psi. Been there and done that with the Whipple.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ran some numbers and on a well prepared low compression 6.0L 15psi should be somewhere in the range of 800fwhp depending on things like rpm, IAT, etc.

It will be interesting to see exactly what the 122 is capable of but, I think we will have to wait until more people get ahold of them.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the 402 deal is kind of skewed with the power output of the motor being high already and not being able to up the boost high due to compression. This thing needs to be test on a motor like ranwalks to truely see what it can do. I think this blower would be awesome for someone looking for low end grunt but still able to keep up fairly well up top. It seems that fomr the numbers presented thus far someone looking for max effort power out of a decent combo able to handle high boost and be efficient may need to look into other FI alternatives. It will be nice to sse more results on an "optimum" setup.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the injectors are nearing being maxed out because you are using a Magnavolt instead of a upgraded fuel pump. I would upgrade to a better fuel pump before going larger injectors. You should be able to support 550 rwhp without a problem with 42# injectors and a good 255lph pump. I have seen as much as 750 rwhp on 42# injectors with a good fuel pump setup.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maddboost
Maybe the injectors are nearing being maxed out because you are using a Magnavolt instead of a upgraded fuel pump. I would upgrade to a better fuel pump before going larger injectors. You should be able to support 550 rwhp without a problem with 42# injectors and a good 255lph pump. I have seen as much as 750 rwhp on 42# injectors with a good fuel pump setup.
I have no intentions of buying injectors at this time. I put the magnavolt on because it was part of the deal. I will be upgrading to the walbro intank with a truck bucket, as soon as I can get all the parts rounded up.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I have no intentions of buying injectors at this time. I put the magnavolt on because it was part of the deal. I will be upgrading to the walbro intank with a truck bucket, as soon as I can get all the parts rounded up.

PM me your address.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened with this install? Any new developments? Has the fueling been changed or upgraded?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, these installs seem to not have any results..... I too would like to hear some final results.
Is this true that 42# injectors will handle 550rwhp??
If that is, why do I need to upgrade to 60#'ers?

Jim
Old 01-24-2007, 03:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Blownchevy (Brian), please PM me some info on the 122hh kit.

Jim
Old 03-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BC your PM box is full.

Quick Reply: MP122H Dyno Numbers.