FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Motor Grenade'd Looking for Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the good news its definitely got to be a big relief the vendor stood by the product/mistake.

What kind of power and drag times were you achieving with this setup?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Situation was not that bad, just think if you didnt have a block to reuse.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Congrats on the good news its definitely got to be a big relief the vendor stood by the product/mistake.

What kind of power and drag times were you achieving with this setup?

Yes it is a big relief, 2013 was definitely did not starting off well...

I haven't been able to get it to the track yet, I have been dealing with tuning issues for most of its short life and it wasn't until the last 3 months that I got a decent tune in it.

The only numbers I have are from my GTECH meter, 731 HP, 0-60 in 4.35, best 1/4 was 13.1 in 90 degree weather heat soaking at the end. Being in South Florida I was really looking forward to these few cooler/dryer months with low humidity to see what she can really do. I guess I will have to weight for next year, last year for our so called winter I was up on blocks upgrading a blown 4L60e to a 4l80e.

Is your Denali an AWD XL, your numbers are impressive as is your motor and big *** blower? My Escalade is the AWD ESV and she weighed in at 6550 with me and a half tank of fuel.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
Situation was not that bad, just think if you didnt have a block to reuse.

That hurts just to look at, I guess I should consider myself lucky. I caught it early and shut it down before any real damage was done. My crank should be able to be refreshed and with a new set of bearings and rings I should be as good as new.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas-speed is a good company to deal with. I'm still running my forged 347 they built for me about 4-5yrs ago. It has survived about 30,000 miles of pretty abusive use making 750rwhp.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03SuperSLADE
Yes it is a big relief, 2013 was definitely did not starting off well...

I haven't been able to get it to the track yet, I have been dealing with tuning issues for most of its short life and it wasn't until the last 3 months that I got a decent tune in it.

The only numbers I have are from my GTECH meter, 731 HP, 0-60 in 4.35, best 1/4 was 13.1 in 90 degree weather heat soaking at the end. Being in South Florida I was really looking forward to these few cooler/dryer months with low humidity to see what she can really do. I guess I will have to weight for next year, last year for our so called winter I was up on blocks upgrading a blown 4L60e to a 4l80e.

Is your Denali an AWD XL, your numbers are impressive as is your motor and big *** blower? My Escalade is the AWD ESV and she weighed in at 6550 with me and a half tank of fuel.
All forced induction setups really respond well to lower temps. My DD is a TT V-12 and these past couple winter months it feels like its ten times faster. I bet you'll break into the 12's with cooler temps. My times were also in the middle of summer in 90+ degree humid weather, I'm hoping to break into the 11's with better temps.

I've had transmission problems as well. It's hard to find something that will last on this heavy/powerful of a truck. I'm currently running a 4L80 also.

My Denali is a regular Yukon size, but my AWD system was converted to 4x4. I haven't had my Denali weighed but I've got a couple extra batteries for my stereo which add an extra 100+ lbs.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
All forced induction setups really respond well to lower temps. My DD is a TT V-12 and these past couple winter months it feels like its ten times faster. I bet you'll break into the 12's with cooler temps. My times were also in the middle of summer in 90+ degree humid weather, I'm hoping to break into the 11's with better temps.

I've had transmission problems as well. It's hard to find something that will last on this heavy/powerful of a truck. I'm currently running a 4L80 also.

My Denali is a regular Yukon size, but my AWD system was converted to 4x4. I haven't had my Denali weighed but I've got a couple extra batteries for my stereo which add an extra 100+ lbs.

What transfer case did you switch to? When I first upgraded to the 4l80e my friends talked me into switching to RWD so I dumped the transfer case, I figured I can finally get it on the dyno for tuning because no one has a AWD dyno to fit a 126 inch wheel base. Switching to 2WD was a bad idea, no traction with that much torque and the vehicle was unsafe to drive in the rain. Fortunately or unfortunately the 1st 4l80e was a bum and I had to send it back so I went back to AWD and upgraded my transfer case with parts from the newer BW4482 transfer cases with a bigger chain and 32 point input shaft.

I have had the thought in the back of my mind to switch to a 4x4 transfer case and have the best of both worlds.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:43 AM
Staging Lane

Good luck on the rebuild and.. damm and thats great from texas-speed backing up their work! great to know
Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Really nice to see when builders stand behind their product.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Great to know they stand behind it!

Quick Reply: Motor Grenade'd Looking for Feedback