FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnacharger Radix theory

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Procharger or turbo system and a Victor Jr manifold with 4150 4bbl throttle body. Case closed. Still have low end torque but gobs more power in the middle and top depending on boost.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 304 Likes on 221 Posts

i was under the impression if you used the spacer on the 112 you would have to modify the firewall some
Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are using the 1/2" version which Ray recommended for my setup, you will reduce clearance but no cowl modification will need to be performed. He also offers a 1' version and that one may require modifications to the cowl.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 304 Likes on 221 Posts

have you used the spacer?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trick Performance modified my MP112 with a prototype setup a couple of years ago. It is still sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. It has 1" aluminum spacer installed between the upper & lower intakes to allow for the installation of a thicker and more efficient intercooler. The intercooler is quite noticeably larger compared to the stock unit. He then made an adapter for where the J-tube attaches to the rear of the supercharger so there is no need to make any modifications to the firewall. He also installed 2 Meth spray bars, one for each cylinder bank that sprays the Meth directly into the intake port. It's a pretty sweet setup, but unfortunately untested as of yet. Not sure if he ever made anymore of these. I figured I would chime in on this post because the premise for this prototype at the time was to get the IATs lower than what the stock setup was capable off and in the process add to the plenum volume.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have not used the spacer but I did research someone over on SilveradoSS.com who used one on his MP112. He has reported results of 25* over ambient IATS while out of boost.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
Trick Performance modified my MP112 with a prototype setup a couple of years ago. It is still sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. It has 1" aluminum spacer installed between the upper & lower intakes to allow for the installation of a thicker and more efficient intercooler. The intercooler is quite noticeably larger compared to the stock unit. He then made an adapter for where the J-tube attaches to the rear of the supercharger so there is no need to make any modifications to the firewall. He also installed 2 Meth spray bars, one for each cylinder bank that sprays the Meth directly into the intake port. It's a pretty sweet setup, but unfortunately untested as of yet. Not sure if he ever made anymore of these. I figured I would chime in on this post because the premise for this prototype at the time was to get the IATs lower than what the stock setup was capable off and in the process add to the plenum volume.
TurboJohn, are you going to try it sometime or have you moved on from the Maggie?
Old 10-17-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have not moved on. I plan on using it. It just a matter of me getting time to install it along with all the supporting parts I have accumulated. When I had this done, the TVS just came out, just to give you an idea how long it's been. It will definitely be dated technology once installed, but it should still kick butt.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Teching In

Bringing this one back from the grave. Anything ever come of this? Getting ready to send my 243's off for a little mill work and was thinking I would have them port match my heads with the mp112 tub. I got to thinking of having the runners milled so I did a little research and this came up. My cam specs are 220/224 .600/.600 112+6 while retaining VVT so don't think what little torque I would lose down low would be that noticeable. C.R will be around 10.1 with nothing above 10 psi for boost as this my DD. Any thoughts or updates on this would be appreciated.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

So 3 years later.....anything come of this? I came upon a good deal on a Radix kit. I see the new lowers don't have this runner in them.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Radix theory