FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger Vs Pro Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
This test was rigged Nice results Brian. Everytime I see results like this it almost makes me wish I still had my MagnaCharger..........Almost

Not rigged at all, infact if anyone wanted to see the test done again infront of their own eyes.....we could work that out.

You might want your Magna Charger back someday.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's more of that persuasive propaganda!
J/K of course. Great info! I as many have always wanted to see a "real test" That is the kind of info I like to see, not so much of reading through 5 pages of peoples opinions and variables.
Good Job
Old 04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Some good information there and interesting as well.

More power under the curve.

Nice test BC!
Old 04-28-2006, 08:44 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
There's more of that persuasive propaganda!

remember, I dont work there anymore.....its my job to prove something does not work
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

the magnacharger made more hp at the lower rpms also. good test
Old 04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The D1 will own at the track though. What happens after 10psi, I am willing to bet the D1 will destroy the Maggie. You are comparing apples to oranges. Its like comparing a STS tubo to a CMS front mount system. The STS will preval as a daily driver but the CMS setup is provin to be the fastest for the guys who go to the track.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

Is there any chance a version for the Dodge Ram Hemi will ever come available? There's a lot of people out waiting for a well built, well tuned system. Right now the GSM Tuned/ Paxton Novi 1200 Kit is the only thing out and I wouldn't put that on my truck as it is shipped from them. Tuning sucks, I HATE injectors in a dry intake tube, and for what it is, it really doesn't make any power unless you make several changes. I considered their kit with new tuning but once talk of the turbo came up I went that direction.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Former Moderator :(

Originally Posted by hellbents10
The D1 will own at the track though. What happens after 10psi, I am willing to bet the D1 will destroy the Maggie. You are comparing apples to oranges. Its like comparing a STS tubo to a CMS front mount system. The STS will preval as a daily driver but the CMS setup is provin to be the fastest for the guys who go to the track.
I agree that a D1 will get great track times, at the track on lets say 13-15 lbs of boost but at 10 lbs on both systems you would be crazy to think so , just look at the charts. I think that a 15 lb procharger would be real close to a 10 lb Magna Charger. Some say that the low power down low on the ProCharger helps the launch, I say give me a set of slicks and all the torque I can get and I will show you what a launch is
Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be interested in seeing what the Procharger did at peak power since it didn't reach that by shutdown rpm. Either way I'm a fan of both blower units, where the difference is going to come in is at the track. The IAT's of the radix by 1/8 track are going to be making the difference in power over the procharger. On the street it's going to be a toss up with the radix having an advantage in stoplight racing. I'm curious though, with the comparison why wasn't a P-1SC used with only a 325 cube engine?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbents10
why is average power or power under the curve so important?

because more power over time will equal driving the faster vehicle, this is Magnacharger's bread and butter

some quick examples:

The average horsepower over time is one reason why the fastest drag racing cars in the world use slipper clutches to allow their engines to spin at maximum horsepower and attempt to transfer as much of that power as possible to the tires. The clutch is setup to slip most of the way down the track and engine power is backed down to avoid spinning the tires once the clutch stops slipping near the end of the track.

We can replace our torque converters in our trucks with a higher-stalled converter and can instantly increase our ET in the quarter mile. Why? because the higher stall allows the engine to maintain a higher average horsepower number.

Good Info!

Last edited by moregrip; 04-28-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger Vs Pro Charger