FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Intercooler in SS bumper opening?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Intercooler in SS bumper opening?

Currently I have a P1sc with an undermount intercooler installed on my tahoe, and I am starting to plan some changes for the next year. Some of the changes include upgrading to a D1sc, FMIC, and either an SS bumper or the street scene replica one.

My plan is to put a slim FMIC in the opening of the SS bumper, but not sure what size intercooler would work, if any cutting/trimming would be needed to make it fit, and if whatever fits would be big enough for me. I'm a big fan of the way JKmotorsports tahoe looks(even though it's a heat exchanger rather than an intercooler).

Here are some pics of what I was looking for:

JKmotorsports

I know this is another member here with a denali, but it's the same idea with the bumper

Basically looking for the measurements of the opening, what size IC to use, and if there would be any cons to this..

Also, I had some other off topic questions if anyone had some answers at the top of their head:

1. I plan on installing a meth injection kit soon. I was wondering where the nozzles would be placed for a procharger set up, and any additional info on installing one. I also read from SNOW performance that windshield washer fluid works as an alternative to the boost juice. Was wondering if the stock washer fluid reservoir can be tapped for the meth injection, that way the truck would warn me when the washer fluid is low.

2. I also plan on upgrading to an LSXRT manifold with a larger TB/MAF. I was looking to see what TB/MAF to use for my setup. It is currently drive by wire. Also if I should change my fuel rails, or if the stock ones work.

3. How much boost is the stock Pro-flo surge valve (the black one) good for?

I am sure I will think of some more questions on my way home from work..
Old 12-21-2012, 06:21 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well what ever FMIC that will fit between your front frame horns will work , that will be your limiting measurement .

Here 's an old pic of the FMIC on my old 04' turbo silvy.
Name:  eeb27885.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  87.3 KB

As far as meth goes , yeah , you can use windshield washer fluid , but the most gain in cooling , octane, and power comes from straight meth, something snow and devils own can't spray as their pumps aren't designed for straight meth . Get a kit from Julio at alky control if you are going to buy one.His kit comes with a new washer resivior that utilizes the low warning light and had fittings installed for the meth.

Last edited by TIM Z; 12-21-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I have a Denali so I can measure that but if you are looking for a SSS bumper then it doesn't do you any good. I only mention that since you have a picture of a Denali front above. I used to have a A2A on my old setup but I forget the measurements. Just measure between your two front bumper supports.