FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Intercooler Resevoir / Tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Anodizing runs roughly 100 for a tank of this size. Blue sounds like a nice color, we have done black before.; Sorry no pics..
The bungs on the tanks will be large female unless yall spec something different for your tanks. Large hole lots of flow no restrictions.

Rick
Rick...Are you saying that the group purchase is going to have all the same size bungs installed? Large hole = 1/2" NPT for a 3/4" heater hose...correct?

John
Old 05-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
Rick...Are you saying that the group purchase is going to have all the same size bungs installed? Large hole = 1/2" NPT for a 3/4" heater hose...correct?

John
If you want something other then 1/2NPT please let me know.1/2npt is ONE HUGE HOLE. LOL.
All tanks are cut and welding will be started shortly.
Bungs and due to arrive mid next week...

There are 2 bungs in each tank on the engine compartment side tank. One in the front one in the rear. There is a short divider in the middle of the tank to help slush and to slow the returing water from just circleing back into the suction fitting.

Thank you everyone who joined in on this GP. Might have to start doing more of these to help peoples save money.

Rick
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent you a PM Rick.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

It looks as if 1/2" NPT fittings is what KB used on their kits by measuring one of the inlets. It will be nice to get rid of this contraption...
Attached Thumbnails Intercooler Resevoir / Tank-coolenttank1sm.jpg   Intercooler Resevoir / Tank-coolenttank2sm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigKID
It looks as if 1/2" NPT fittings is what KB used on their kits by measuring one of the inlets. It will be nice to get rid of this contraption...
Those fittings look tiny, it that tank?. Why is it mounted so hi?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick,
Would that anodizing hold up to harsh weather?

I was wondering if it got any salt spray would it(the anodizing) look nasty thereafter.
Do u send out your anodizing? Was thinkin something along lines of a bright blue( like the factory Arrival Blue).
I too was considering this for when I take my Radix out of the boxes. Would u recommend going w/ a heater hose style-fitting or AN? My guess is w/ the heater hose style for Radix u could make more of a plug-n-play unit.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Rick,
Would that anodizing hold up to harsh weather?

I was wondering if it got any salt spray would it(the anodizing) look nasty thereafter.
Do u send out your anodizing? Was thinkin something along lines of a bright blue( like the factory Arrival Blue).
I too was considering this for when I take my Radix out of the boxes. Would u recommend going w/ a heater hose style-fitting or AN? My guess is w/ the heater hose style for Radix u could make more of a plug-n-play unit.
it would hold up better with anodizing then with out. As far as the blue not sure, but my guys do not let me pick the shade of blue. LOL I know its blue and deeper blue, no where near light blue.
Pipe thread gives you the most versatilty. AN your locked in. Now -10 is equal to 5/8 heater hose, for reference.
Let me know when you can, aluminum tanks are in and welding will being shortly.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Those fittings look tiny, it that tank?. Why is it mounted so hi?

The empty threaded hole in the second pic measures ~13/16 which is very close to the O.D. of a 1/2" NPT. KB designed the bracket holding it to be fastened with one of the fender support bolts and an existing stud on the fire wall. Looks terriable dosn't it? With the new tank I should be able to get to my window switch again and use it for something.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:22 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever designed one with the fitting below to allow me to attach the radix style pump,using 3/4 heater hoses,and can it be mounted in the O.E. spare battery tray located in that corner vs. mounting to the firewall.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by supersub
Ever designed one with the fitting below to allow me to attach the radix style pump,using 3/4 heater hoses,and can it be mounted in the O.E. spare battery tray located in that corner vs. mounting to the firewall.
Not yet, but we can build you a tank to fit most areas. We would have to have pics and several phone calls to confirm, before the tank get cut. It would cost a little more being a one off custom for you. Let me know and I will get started right after these other tanks are welded and out the door.

Rick

Quick Reply: Intercooler Resevoir / Tank