FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Injectors for Maggie w/ Flex Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to try LS3 injectors in my Tahoe to replace my stock flex fuel injectors since when I run E85 it's out of injector by just over 5200rpm. Interesting read none the less. I'm going to get measurements from the LS9 and L94 injectors to see if they are close to the height of the stock truck E85 injectors.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So put my injectors in last night, and as Doobie had warned me, two of the bolts holding the fuel rail on under the J-tube were a "B" to get to.

First impressions are that the truck idles better than stock, which was surprising. Charlie Wheatley put my tune on an extra PCM, but adjusted it for the 75lb. injectors. I don't think my truck could have driven anywhere on the 33lb. injector tune otherwise.

Once Wheatley has a chance to dial the truck in for E85 and the bigger injectors, I will post up my impressions of it, and hopefully with the addition of a 3.0" pulley (3.3" now).

I used this 10mm wrench to get to the bolts under the J-tube, but still a pain:

Name:  589c0631.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  3.4 KB
Old 12-07-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all you need to change in your tune is the the size of your new injectors flow rate. The computer should compensate for the E85 fuel since it was originally set up/tuned for this and the E85 fuel sensor is already under your truck. Here is an informative link on how it measures ethanol content as well as fuel temp. for fuel table adjustment/compensation.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ll=1#post22740
Keep us posted on your results.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

True, but you can run more timing with E85 due to the higher octane and resistance to knock. But how much more is what Charlie and I intend to find out.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sooo you'll be tuning the E85 (high octane) spark tables? I thought if your low octane spark tables were dialed in then your high octane tables would adjust proportionately automatically or am I oversimplifying this?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

A tuner will have to chime in on that, but Wheatley was saying that EFI Live has three tables: high octane, low octane and E85 (hp tuners only has high and low). So because of that, you can add timing to the e85 table that would not be possible with high octane, but still run high octane gas if you needed to. I have read on ls1tech of people gaining anywhere from 40 to over 90 rwhp from adding e85 and tuning for it. I would be happy with 40, no need to run it on the ragged edge for a DD.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you kno what lentgh the stock LR4 07 GMC 4.8L injectors are? I think they are refred to as gm muilti tech 2? are they 47.4mm oring to oring? The same as a Ls2 injector?

uiltimately I want to know if my truck injectors part number Delphi FJ10062 will fit into my LS2 intake and LS2 rail no problem.. neede to switch intakes for clearance so stock 24 # injecotrs will do fine!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:56 AM

04gibbstahoe, what fuel pump are you using? Anyone have a suggestion for a high pressure pump for an 04 tahoe? I am doing a whipple install on an 04 flex fuel tahoe and I can't find a plug a play fuel pump for the returnless system. Looks like this thread also saved me on the injectors. I didn't know the flex fuel injectors were different and assumed I could use the 8.1L marine multec ones. I got lucky catching this thread...........bob
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rsilver
04gibbstahoe, what fuel pump are you using? Anyone have a suggestion for a high pressure pump for an 04 tahoe? I am doing a whipple install on an 04 flex fuel tahoe and I can't find a plug a play fuel pump for the returnless system. Looks like this thread also saved me on the injectors. I didn't know the flex fuel injectors were different and assumed I could use the 8.1L marine multec ones. I got lucky catching this thread...........bob
Stock flex fuel pumps have been shown to support over 800rwhp, but I would put a voltage booster on it (Magna-Volt or Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump). And I could be wrong, but the 8.1 injectors aren't a direct swap, you would need pigtails.

EDIT: Link about FF pumps https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=470688
Old 12-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Thank TX tahoe!!! after reading this thread carefully a few times I didn't see anyone with vin Z flex fuel that was doing anything to the stock pump. So it looks like I can do fine with my stock pump.

As understand it from this thread, I will have to use the ford injectors with the uscar connectors. I think Doobie used them for a plug and it appears they fit perfect. I am only looking for 400hp and some more torque to get me up these colorado mountians.....Thanks very much for the help..................bob

Quick Reply: Injectors for Maggie w/ Flex Fuel