Old 07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Not supprised about the final numbers. The IC has alot more to do with that then teh HX. But you did notice a quicker drop after the fact meaning this HX holds more water and cools it better.
Looks like you had some room between the HX and the ac. Would your tranny cooler fit there.?
To bad your not closer I would like to try our new one. Probably 3 times larer then that one.
Nice install behind the grill.
Which new one? Post pictures of it. I'm interested.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

There is only about a quarter inch between the ac condensor and the front A bracket.. no way to get anything in there.

I modified that hard plastic piece to stay up and separate the hex and trans cooler and try to direct the air through the bumper down more to the trans cooler since it doesnt work very well there.

I also installed the fan on to the trans cooler, but havent had a change to wire it up yet. I am having difficulty installing the fans on to the hex because the fins are so tight its hard to get the plastic piece through.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Teching In

It looks good. I just picked up a second Stock maggie IC from Ebay. I was figuring doubling them up to see if it would work (Not over each other, one on lower portion of bumper where the center opening of the SS bumper is). Keep us updated on the results..
Old 07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Well that sucks that it didnt help with the IAT at cruise. I am running the stock maggie HX and a mustang vortech HX w/fan. My cruise is around 18-20* above ambient and recovery is fast, but like I said before I dont care that much about recovery but more about keeping the IATs down on wot runs at the track. I was going to buy that HX you mentioned but seeing that it didnt help much I will seek other alternatives. You have a tvs dont you, your iat should be low and stay low on wot runs, isnt that the advantage of the tvs to the mp.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I have a gauge for that

I got the fans wired up today. I have the fan on the trans cooler coming on with the fuel pump so its on whenever the truck is on, and the ones on the HEX come on with the radiator fans.

There is a slight clearance issue with the fan on the right pressing on the grille, but its not enough to get the grille from snapping back in place...

I am going to try using the smaller coolant resovoir as opposed to the big one I am using now to see what that does to the temps. I think since I got the big hex it will help with cruising and WOT temps... and yes I have the tvs1900
Old 07-11-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Damn that thing is large, nice job on the install. I'm gonna keep an eye on your results, I still need to scrape up a few bucks and get that larger reservoir but the mod money fund is pretty low.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Why smaller?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

it looks like the fans are pullers. Why did you mount them on the front?

Even if they are pushing air they wouldn't they be more effective mounted on the back side pulling air through the exchanger. IMO
Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a gauge for that

I turned the blades around and reversed the motor, so they are pushing through the hex. I agree pullers would be better, but there is simply no room to mount them that way.

Quick Reply: that huge heat exchanger from frozen boost