FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Help! Procharged Escalade Suddenly running extremely rough!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Well, since you were sitting still I doubt it is the MAF, but go check anyway
Right after the air filter there is a round hard plastic part with a wiring harness coming out of it. It will be after the filter but before the throttle body
Will do - Thanks!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it just randomly happend at the car wash, I would let it sit the nite, drive it tomorrow. More then likly it sucked up water, or ater got into some electrical connections somehow..

John
Old 06-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably. I dont know what the procharger setup looks like. Why would the air intake filter be near an exposed area? Seems like a bad idea due to rain or "car washes" or just washing in your driveway.

But I would think it would have cleared itself up pretty quick if it didnt shut the motor down.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:30 PM

Oh and to check your fuel pump/filter...you can watch the AFR gauge, it should dip into the low low 12's or 11's when you get into boost. If it drops and then starts to climb as you increase rpm, it is a fueling issue. The problem is you really have to put some demand on the fuel system to test this and you better be quick to pull your foot up if the AFR heads up into the 12's or higher. I will happen instantly. Otherwise engine damage is possible. Aren't you close to Westers Garage?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

So the MAF is indeed hooked up.

I took if for a spin and it drives a wee bit better (idle is better) but when I step on it a bit the Air/Fuel gauge reads "RCF" and acceleration stops. I only did this twice as it can't be good.

I am about 5 hours from Westers.

What is RCF?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Probably. I dont know what the procharger setup looks like. Why would the air intake filter be near an exposed area? Seems like a bad idea due to rain or "car washes" or just washing in your driveway.

But I would think it would have cleared itself up pretty quick if it didnt shut the motor down.
Here is a pic of the procharger setup
Attached Thumbnails Help! Procharged Escalade Suddenly running extremely rough!-03-07gmtruck-lg.jpg  
Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 PM

Hmm, never seen that setup before. What name brand is the gauge? I dont know what RCF could mean.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Hmm, never seen that setup before. What name brand is the gauge? I dont know what RCF could mean.
I believe the brand is PLX.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 PM

Look here. Do you see your model?
http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_installation.htm

I went through several of the .pdf documents and searched. No RCF. You may have to find your manual or call PLX tomorrow. Of course tomorrow when you get in it may run fine.
I would think if it was water it would have evaporated with the driving you already did with it. However, if your filter is soaked (Did you check?) then it could still be causing you issues be adding water, and maybe oil if it is an oil sprayed K & N filter, to the MAF. Of course from the looks of it, all that would have to travel through the head unit (Blower) so I don't see that happening either.
Is the maf connected ot the filter, before the blower?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Look here. Do you see your model?
http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_installation.htm

I went through several of the .pdf documents and searched. No RCF. You may have to find your manual or call PLX tomorrow. Of course tomorrow when you get in it may run fine.
I would think if it was water it would have evaporated with the driving you already did with it. However, if your filter is soaked (Did you check?) then it could still be causing you issues be adding water, and maybe oil if it is an oil sprayed K & N filter, to the MAF. Of course from the looks of it, all that would have to travel through the head unit (Blower) so I don't see that happening either.
Is the maf connected ot the filter, before the blower?
I went to their site as well but could not find my particular gauge. You are probably right by morning all may be well - at a minimum I should be able to limp to the dealership and have them check the fuel filter and or pump.

I also pm'ed Allen just now to see if the readings I have give any clue.

Thanks Sloehoe for all your efforts - much appreciated

Shutting down for a bit to watch Lakers/Celtics. Will check later and tomorrow.

Thanks

D

Quick Reply: Help! Procharged Escalade Suddenly running extremely rough!