FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

help with a downpipe flange

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with a downpipe flange

so this garrett ta51 i obtained has a dp flange that no one can apparently find. i have done numerous online searches and spoke with our isuzu dealer (the engine this turbo would have been used on) and the hitachi construction dealer (the piece of machinery this engine would be in). parts show the turbo, dp bolts and gasket but no downpipe flange. the ones that show even a downpipe are v band connection variants
it is a 6 hole bolt pattern and a 3.5" outlet hole. i have the gasket for it and have it traced out on a piece of 3/8 steel but really no easy way of cutting it.

any one on here know what im talking about and possibly where to find it? what i want to do is just use the flange with a little extension and a vband.

thanks for any help in advanced. this is the last piece i need to get my build started
Attached Thumbnails help with a downpipe flange-692178561_649.jpg  
Old 07-24-2017, 10:32 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I would not worry about matching the outside pattern.
A saw cutting a circle for the OD. A hole saw for the id.
And match your bolt pattern.
No need to be 3/8 with all those bolts. 1/4 should be fine.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You said you have a gasket...bring that to a local fabrication shop and ask them to make you a flange from it. I've done that before, they usually will either waterjet or laser cut it, depending on what they have for equipment and time.