FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

help with blower tune specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with blower tune specs

Well, I'm trying to decide what to get in my tune either from wait4me or Nelson. So far here is what I've thought of for my 02 pcm with the sidemount magnacharger and stock pulley for now:
-supercharger tune
-rev limiter set to 5900rpm
-top speed limiter raised to 128 (that is the highest speed available on the hypertech so I guess thats as fast as the motor will go ??)
-shift points +3, +3, +3mph
-a little TM removed on 1-2 shift (stock trans for now, but will be upgraded in a few months, but just to be safe for now)
-rear o2 sims deleted (since I have pacesetters and ory pipe I've been told it runs a little lean, and was told this will take care of it)
-flashing battery light bypassed(since the 02 pcm is going in my 99, I was told that I'll get a flashing battery light, and nelson or Jesse can bypass this)
-a little firmer shifts

Anything I'm forgetting...any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not do a mail order tune of any kind on a F/I setup. Too many things can go wrong. An in-person tune is the only way to go (IMO).
Old 10-16-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

but if thats what you want to do...allen the man..he's been installing alot of these sidemounts and tuning them up fine...you cant go wrong with his tune...give him a call ...he will answer all your questions..truthfully
Old 10-18-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

You might want to consider getting some data logging software so you can monitor how your mail order tune is working.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed limiter can be raised much higher than 128

If you do go this mail order route, I would strongly advise that you get a crank re-learn, regardless of whether or not the light comes on. My truck had no code thrown, but would not make any power with the radix and got tons of KR (likely false) until I was advised by Ben at EFI University to do a crank re-learn on it. Problem solved completely now.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Speed limiter can be raised much higher than 128

If you do go this mail order route, I would strongly advise that you get a crank re-learn, regardless of whether or not the light comes on. My truck had no code thrown, but would not make any power with the radix and got tons of KR (likely false) until I was advised by Ben at EFI University to do a crank re-learn on it. Problem solved completely now.
what is a crank relearn? i have a 03SS as well and will be doing Radix this winter. just trying to make sure i have no surprises.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by Holty
what is a crank relearn? i have a 03SS as well and will be doing Radix this winter. just trying to make sure i have no surprises.
Procedure that "teaches" the PCM the position of the crankshaft within the rotation. It only becomes an issue when you install a tuned PCM that was never originally in your vehicle. If you send off your PCM to have it tuned, you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah I'm going to get the re-learn done. I've heard different prices on getting it done though. I've heard prices from the dealership going from $20-$200. but I'll call before I go up there after the blower and pcm are installed. I will be able to drive there right?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by gmc5.3L
yeah I'm going to get the re-learn done. I've heard different prices on getting it done though. I've heard prices from the dealership going from $20-$200. but I'll call before I go up there after the blower and pcm are installed. I will be able to drive there right?
As long as you have a blower tune in there accounting for your bigger injectors, you should be able to drive it just fine. Mine operated fairly well in the N/A areas, very torquey, til I hit boost, then KR appeared like crazy and it drove like crap.

$200 for the procedure is a rip, even $20 is pushing it. Took me all of 2 minutes to set up the laptop and perform the 5 second relearn procedure.