FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

go 90mm TB or go home?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:12 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
This has been discussed on ls1tech, I didn't want to bring it up.

As far as watching the high and low tables, why watch em? Tune your timing in. Then down in low IAT add in some. Zippy's is confusing? LOL So is the whole -negative timing out of the whole. But, to each his own too, what's not confusing to you is obviosuly confusing to others and vice a versa. But you get the point of the IAT, you just feel why do what you feel is a confusing way to go about something that you can accomplish another direction right?

as I have said, I am not saying its the wrong way to do it. I am saying its confusing to my simple brain. If I want to add more timing anyplace in my calibration I go to the high octane timing table and add it....and just make the same change on the low octane table. I will let the correction tables do what they are there for, protect the motor if the engine gets too hot, or the IAT's get too hot.

As for the - timing out of the hole, it makes perfect sense when you think about it.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you can't spin the tires? Sort of a built-in traction control?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by thunder550
So you can't spin the tires? Sort of a built-in traction control?
More like torque management. hehehe

simple brain....BC, your being condescending now aren't you? LOL
Old 06-09-2006, 04:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been discussed on ls1tech, I didn't want to bring it up.

As far as watching the high and low tables, why watch em? Tune your timing in. Then down in low IAT add in some. Zippy's is confusing? LOL So is the whole -negative timing out of the whole. But, to each his own too, what's not confusing to you is obviosuly confusing to others and vice a versa. But you get the point of the IAT, you just feel why do what you feel is a confusing way to go about something that you can accomplish another direction right?

Got a link for this discussion on ls1tech? This is interesting reading, and my search came up blank.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Notorious BIG

getting somewhat back on topic, any reason why my shifts are different after the 90mm TB conversion? i've noticed my truck has different shift characteristics since the conversion? basically, its like someone messed with my tranny settings, but they have not been changed. zippy, bc, dewey, any ideas on that?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Got a link for this discussion on ls1tech? This is interesting reading, and my search came up blank.
it was a read through that I was doing over the winter in the "Advanced" something part of their website, I'd never try to post in there, just reading some of their threads. I'll see if I can find it, should be a thread around november december.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Holty
getting somewhat back on topic, any reason why my shifts are different after the 90mm TB conversion? i've noticed my truck has different shift characteristics since the conversion? basically, its like someone messed with my tranny settings, but they have not been changed. zippy, bc, dewey, any ideas on that?
Josh, I think you need to get that 7% TPS at idle straightened out. Just think of every table that references tps. when you are really 40% as per your the blade, the ecm thinks its 47%. That has got to screw with stuff. Now why would that be okay before the TB install and not now? Who knows, but surely it isn't going to be easily troubleshoot your trans shifting characteristics with that tps being off, IMO. Maybe somebody knows why. To me trans, pressure settings affected by a maf failure makes sense, but not sure about just "opening" up the airway a little would do anything. Who am I? I mentioned to you yesterday on IM, those PE to non-PE AFR spikes right at 44% is pretty fishy too. Things that make you go hmmmm.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Notorious BIG

well, i'm gonna have to have zippy look at this in depth with me. since our conversaion yesterday, i took your advise and spent some time searching hpt forum to see if i could see why i'm at 7% TPS when at idle in park or in gear. i havn't been able to come up with anything yet. FYI for everyone here, this was like this before and now after the 90mm TB install, so it has nothing to do with the conversion. Yes, i agree with the "spikes" not being normal (to me anyway), but i notified zippy of the issue, and he did not say anything about it, so i'm guessing he is not concerned about them. I also sent member "soundengineer" over at hpt forum my log and showed him the spike. he said it MAY be because of my fuel trims being turned on during that logging period.

as for the shifting acting weird, well, i know there is some table that references maf freq w/ tranny settings, but i can't seem to find it. it seems all my part throttle shifts have been slightly altered but my WOT shifts are still the same as before.

i concur.....things that make you go hmmmmm.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Josh, I think you need to get that 7% TPS at idle straightened out. Just think of every table that references tps. when you are really 40% as per your the blade, the ecm thinks its 47%. That has got to screw with stuff. Now why would that be okay before the TB install and not now? Who knows, but surely it isn't going to be easily troubleshoot your trans shifting characteristics with that tps being off, IMO. Maybe somebody knows why. To me trans, pressure settings affected by a maf failure makes sense, but not sure about just "opening" up the airway a little would do anything. Who am I? I mentioned to you yesterday on IM, those PE to non-PE AFR spikes right at 44% is pretty fishy too. Things that make you go hmmmm.

I don't think this is an issue (TPS). I am reading the same on a warm engine and feel everyone else will be as well with the 90's. If you read your throttle blade position at full throttle, I am sure it will read 99. I am sure others will chime in on this as well. BigTex has similar readings...
Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

FWIW my TPS reads 7% at idle and 99% at WOT using AutoEnginuity software to log with on the stock TB.

Quick Reply: go 90mm TB or go home?