FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

go 90mm TB or go home?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that many are going to be losing out on the gains if they are not seeing the throttle be 100% open. stepping up to the 90mm throttle body isn't going to gain you much cfm if it doesn't open all the way. I'm hoping to figure this out soon.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anybody brought this to Richards attention at WCCH? i wonder what he has to say about it. i might give him a call today on my lunch break.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it has something to do with the TAC.

BTW, mine opens a bit further than the one pictured. Zippy, Keep us posted on what you find out.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holty
has anybody brought this to Richards attention at WCCH? i wonder what he has to say about it. i might give him a call today on my lunch break.
Yep, I called Richard last night and sent him some pics, he said he will foward the pics and my info to BLOWNCHEVY and se what he thinks.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Not sure what Richard can do for you as he made a very high quality J-Tube conversion Tube and a convenient one stop shop for the rest of the parts(as requested by forum members), however, it's really up to us to make these things work and work out any bugs that may be associated with different model years, etc. (although I'm sure he'll do his absolute best to help you/us out in any way he can)

I would contact speartech personally as he might be a better source for integration issues
Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by moregrip
Not sure what Richard can do for you as he made a very high quality J-Tube conversion Tube and a convenient one stop shop for the rest of the parts(as requested by forum members), however, it's really up to us to make these things work and work out any bugs that may be associated with different model years, etc. (although I'm sure he'll do his absolute best to help you/us out in any way he can)

I would contact speartech personally as he might be a better source for integration issues

yeah, i realize that. I'm not sure what he could do either, but Richard personally asked me to keep him up to date on any and all feedback i have for this conversion. this is deffanetly something he should know about. i do realize though that he probably will not be able to help in this matter.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:27 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

yeah, i realize that. I'm not sure what he could do either, but Richard personally asked me to keep him up to date on any and all feedback i have for this conversion. this is deffanetly something he should know about. i do realize though that he probably will not be able to help in this matter.
good deal

Try speartech, ask for john, I'm sure he can help or at least point us in the right direction.

maybe this can all be solved through tuning (CrashDummy, Flyer?) if not, then maybe the next step is to look at the TAC module and/or wiring harness, just some thoughts for now
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

I'm aware of the issues some are having with respect to the throttle blade resolution and am looking for a fix. Nearest I can tell the trucks with the issue are '05 and '06 models althought not all '05 are having the problem. I don't have a DBW truck to experiment on so I'm having to rely on others to help with this. My suspicion here is the TAC modules, but I'm open to any help or suggestions regarding this matter. If the issue does come down to the TAC module, I'll be happy to replace the ones that are having problems.
I'd like some feedback from everyone as to the engine and year of your trucks and if your experiencing the tb issue.

Richard
Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
I'm aware of the issues some are having with respect to the throttle blade resolution and am looking for a fix. Nearest I can tell the trucks with the issue are '05 and '06 models althought not all '05 are having the problem. I don't have a DBW truck to experiment on so I'm having to rely on others to help with this. My suspicion here is the TAC modules, but I'm open to any help or suggestions regarding this matter. If the issue does come down to the TAC module, I'll be happy to replace the ones that are having problems.
I'd like some feedback from everyone as to the engine and year of your trucks and if your experiencing the tb issue.

Richard
2003 silverado ss
6.0L LQ9 motor

btw, Richard, the j-tube core is on its way back to you as i type this.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

2003 silverado ss
6.0L LQ9 motor

btw, Richard, the j-tube core is on its way back to you as i type this.
Thanks Josh. I've noted your setup and will keep tabs on which year/engine combo's are having problems. Can you get me the part number on your original TAC module?
Thanks for sending the core, too........

Richard

Quick Reply: go 90mm TB or go home?