FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Future turbo plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future turbo plans

Hi guys ive been workin on some future plans for doing a front mount turbo setup on my truck its a 07 4x4 ecsb silverado classic. I Have decided i want to build my own kit. using a log style header, a t-70 turbo fmic 3'' down pipe and all the little odds and ends i need to make it happen, including trans and tuning.

just checking to see if anybody has any helpful info on getting started, things i should look out for experinced advise since i am new to this turbo stuff,and always learning somthing new. this should be a fun build,and im really looking forward to it.

This truck is my dd and it gets about 1000 miles put on it a week so im not building a race truck just something to have fun with and **** off some friends. Any info woud be helpfull.........thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use v-band flanges every where you can instead of 2 or 3 bolt flanges. Design your log header so your plug wires won't touch and get burned.(speaking from experiance) Get a big enogh turbo the first time because you will be upgrading soon, boost is addicting. Thats all I can think of right now I'll post some more if I can remember anything else.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Cool, I like the DIY guys If you want something to help you get started, you might look at the set of hot pipes I offer Really speeds up the process.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

thank you guys for the helpful info. KB I have been checking out your hot pipe kits, and wow they are really nice but i just want to build my own yeah it will take longer. No worries though im still going to need some help from you with what i should do about tuning. Your truck is what made me want to do mine.

Last edited by 4.8 truckin; 06-06-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Cool man, let me know with what ever questions you might have
Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks cool man im amped to make my truck faster using a front mount turbo system.

old bull thank you for the info it will help alot when im ready to get things rollin
Old 06-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

ok im kinda of ready to get some things going I was thinking of buying and installing any thing i can think of before i have to do any fab work.

here is the list i have came up with of parts im going to install before im ready to make the log header, cross over, and down pipe.

walbro 255 fuel pump
transgo shift kit, and servos
3000-3200 stall converter
stronger driveshaft
dont know what to do with the rear end yet lsd or detroit locker
ebay fmic
gagues wideband,boost,egt,fp

This should get me on my way. If I am missing anything let me know I plan on installing injectors when i put the turbo on mabey i can start on the water/meth injection to. My plan is to still be able to drive it back and forth from work, and get as much ready as i can before i do the fab on the hot parts, and get all the little turbo parts ready(fittings,hoses,cutout,bov,wastegate,ect...) Help is greatly apprieated hope i spelled that right. thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 04:33 AM
On The Tree

most will chime in and say that you are going to need a built tranny as well. The stock 60e will not hold that kind of power. You are going to either need a very well built 60e or a 80e swap with a shift kit and stall.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Junkie

outta curiosity where u gonna put 4 gauges. I run boost FP and a wideband. Are u going to be tuning?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

im probably just going to run three gagues on the pillar dont know about a forth one, but if i did run more than three id put one or two where the four wheel drive buttons go because my four wheel drive is on the floor.

I saw a post on here somewhere with a two gagues mounted in that location

and Yes i plan on doing some of my own tuning as i learn how to and use as much help as i can get.

Last edited by 4.8 truckin; 06-24-2008 at 01:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Future turbo plans