FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Foiled by blowing oil again.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may seem like a stupid question but....besides blow-by at the rings, where else could you pressurize the crankcase?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats it, there are no other orfices it can get in to get to the bottom of the engine, unless you got a headgasket leaking and at the point you got bigger problems.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thats it, there are no other orfices it can get in to get to the bottom of the engine, unless you got a headgasket leaking and at the point you got bigger problems.
Not to get off this fabulous subject of oil puking but...when did you get the "Master of Disaster" name??
Your location....sounds like your right next door to me!!

Had to change my location too....I'm a copycat.

Last edited by TG02Z71; 10-25-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:27 PM

Mods over on tech do it alot to different people.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
The inlet to the turbo will create a ton a vacuum, even more so as the turbo spins faster and when you build boost. Centrifical guys have been doing this for quite some time now. As for the length of the line...well that can be fixed a couple of ways. Don't mount the turbo so far back and the more practical method would be to run a smaller line to increase response time and signal. A good breather like one included in the kit, plus and air/oil separator should eliminate most if not all oil entering the compressor.

I am not sure that these little oil seperators that I have now can flow enough volume to keep up with what the valve covers are producing under boost.
Maybe this big ugly thing I have can seperate enough oil from the waste crank fumes to work.
If you don't get all the oil out of the air to the turbo inlet that means oil mist all over the MAF unless you are SD tuned.
I agree that the turbo's inlet is the only source of vacumn under boost, which is when we need it. Off boost there is very little crank pressure.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
I am not sure that these little oil seperators that I have now can flow enough volume to keep up with what the valve covers are producing under boost.
Maybe this big ugly thing I have can seperate enough oil from the waste crank fumes to work.
If you don't get all the oil out of the air to the turbo inlet that means oil mist all over the MAF unless you are SD tuned.
I agree that the turbo's inlet is the only source of vacumn under boost, which is when we need it. Off boost there is very little crank pressure.
What about y'ing the hose and running it through both seperators the y'ing them back together for more flow?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Default try this !!!

first try a compression test , make sure is not a head gasket !! and make sure the lines of or crankcase are not being pressurized . the lines should go in just before the turbo so it's sucking it out !!!
Old 10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Parish is running close to 30psi boost, ask him what the heck he does to keep oil in his engine!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by duwem
Parish is running close to 30psi boost, ask him what the heck he does to keep oil in his engine!
I think he's using some type of suction from the turbo along with a one way valve to keep it from blowing backwards.
On top of that his engine is a little higher quality build than a standard GM 4,8, 5.3, or 6.0.
I don't think these stock engines were ever really designed to take boost, especially over 5-6 psi.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
What about y'ing the hose and running it through both seperators the y'ing them back together for more flow?
Not a bad idea sir.

Oh ya, I safty wired my oil cap back down and went out for a test mission.
Blew the cap up some and still leaked oil. Still layed some really ugly darkies all the way through first and little bit into second.
I think I'm done for the year as far as getting to the track anyways. Time to fix the problems.....
Old 10-25-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
I think he's using some type of suction from the turbo along with a one way valve to keep it from blowing backwards.
On top of that his engine is a little higher quality build than a standard GM 4,8, 5.3, or 6.0.
I don't think these stock engines were ever really designed to take boost, especially over 5-6 psi.
As far as the boost going into the motor is concerned he just just has a little more ring gap Im sure and thats it.

The suction you are tlaking about may be what vanilla is saying.

Quick Reply: Foiled by blowing oil again.