FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Electrical Through Terminals for Twin Intank

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Through Terminals for Twin Intank

Hey can someone please try and help me. I am in the process of building a dual walbro, dual BAP, dual hobbs set up. I am trying to figure out the best way to get power and ground through the bucket. I want to run 10 GA wire. I would prefer something like Aeromotives terminals on their Stealth pumps and kits like this
http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...e-stealth-kit/
Thanks for any help in advance
Old 10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

10ga. damm, how many amps those pumps pull?

But here's a way you can do it, IF you are passing through plastic and there is NO metal contact the studs.

All thread nuts and teflon washers or orings.

Just build an electrical bulk head through the plastic. making sure the hot and grounds are not close to each other.

I would take the all thread pass it through the plastic. Then on one side use and oring and nut, do the same on the other side. On the thread use some loctite and tighten then against each other. Instant bulk head. ORing seal against leak through and the stud will carry the voltage through the plastic. Make sure the all thread is goodNtight when your done. You could double nut it, making sure the nuts do not loosen up, but loctite works as well..
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
10ga. damm, how many amps those pumps pull?

But here's a way you can do it, IF you are passing through plastic and there is NO metal contact the studs.

All thread nuts and teflon washers or orings.

Just build an electrical bulk head through the plastic. making sure the hot and grounds are not close to each other.

I would take the all thread pass it through the plastic. Then on one side use and oring and nut, do the same on the other side. On the thread use some loctite and tighten then against each other. Instant bulk head. ORing seal against leak through and the stud will carry the voltage through the plastic. Make sure the all thread is goodNtight when your done. You could double nut it, making sure the nuts do not loosen up, but loctite works as well..
Hell ya man I build for over kill. It will be set up to where 1 walbro is on all the time, at 3#s the first BAP will kick on, and at 5#s another walbro and BAP will kick on aswell. So I just want some good power wire, cant hurt right? I like your idea, probably start workin on that tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

drill it...

Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Racetronix has a 4 wire bulkhead connector with the proper wire on the in-tank side. You could run your 10 gauge to this.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...CWS-001&eq=&Tp=
Old 10-15-2010, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

I have the racetronix harness i'll never use and he won't return my emails to get a RMA, so if you want it cheaper, let me know it's 100% brand new in package.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Mine is wired up just like Rick said, but I forgot my camera, so no pics.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help, I ordered 2 of the harnesses and I am going to use one for all powers and the other for all grounds. so there will be 2 14 ga wire for each power and ground on each pump. I will be taking pics and making a parts list and build thread for this, it will be my version of the "correct" way to do a dual intank for higher boost levels. i should have all the parts by tues or wed, and hopefully have it running by the end of the weekend and get it on the dyno to tune it for the new fuel system. I will be taking the Sierra Denali with a 427 tvs2300 with 100 shot at the same time to see what it can do. thanks again for all the help
Old 10-16-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
thanks for the help, I ordered 2 of the harnesses and I am going to use one for all powers and the other for all grounds. so there will be 2 14 ga wire for each power and ground on each pump. I will be taking pics and making a parts list and build thread for this, it will be my version of the "correct" way to do a dual intank for higher boost levels. i should have all the parts by tues or wed, and hopefully have it running by the end of the weekend and get it on the dyno to tune it for the new fuel system. I will be taking the Sierra Denali with a 427 tvs2300 with 100 shot at the same time to see what it can do. thanks again for all the help
please make a build thread with lots of pics as i need to do this my self also...