FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Alright I've caught the boost bug again..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright I've caught the boost bug again..

So after completly shattering my leg in an extreme mini biking accident last year I was forced to put turboing the truck on hold. Now im left with three plates and 20 screws in my right leg, but I still wanna go fast. it was a little dissapointing when i only ran a 17.8 1/4 mile.

The plans are to turbo the 4.8 somewhere between 10-15psi of boost with a mp t70 that i purchaced from kbracing. kyle is the whole reason I decide to turbo my truck. iIve also decided to get rid of the returnless fuel system and go return style system with twin intank walbros. looks like everyone running e85 is having really good luck with it so im also planing on running e85. is there any tips i need to know when converting over to corn fuel? im building the whole turbo system myself using parts that ive been collecting. turbo, ebay intercooler and piping, 38mm tial water cooled wg, and tial bov I bought some 42lbs injectors but definitly going to need some bigger ones. Im going to be fabing up a stainless steel log manifold. and running a 3.5'' down pipe. hope the stock 60e holds up till i can put an 80e under it.

other questions are will i be able to get a maxium of 15psi out of a .5 bar wg spring and boost controller with out issuesor do i need a stiffer spring? Is there any cons to venting the wg to atmostphere? other than noise. also as far as a pcv system goes would running a evacuation system off the exhaust have any benefit over venting the engine off the valve covers, and valley pan? truck is coming apart right after halloween. any tips tricks or comments would be highly appreciated. Thanks