FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Couple Qs regarding 02 sensor and placement

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:07 AM
SSZ
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Qs regarding 02 sensor and placement

Have a 5.3 and starting build for a turbo so i am going to need a good wideband 02 for when it is time for tuning. What do you guys recommend? Also it will be a truck manifold setup for a single turbo. Do i run two 02s after the manifolds or one in the downpipe after the turbo? I have a truck wiring harness and am not sure if one of these 02 connectors gets eliminated or what?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSZ
Have a 5.3 and starting build for a turbo so i am going to need a good wideband 02 for when it is time for tuning. What do you guys recommend? Also it will be a truck manifold setup for a single turbo. Do i run two 02s after the manifolds or one in the downpipe after the turbo? I have a truck wiring harness and am not sure if one of these 02 connectors gets eliminated or what?
Are you doing a front mount in a truck, or just using truck manifolds? Regardless, you will need a bung below the driver's side manifold, and then another for the passenger side. Mine has one in the crossover on the driver's side just below the flange that bolts to the stock manifold, and another bung in the turbo log manifold on the passenger's side. For the wideband, you need to put a bung in the downpipe, that way you get a combined reading from both banks. As far as sensor placement, moisture and condensation will kill the sensors so I would weld all the bungs on the side of the exhaust pipe at the least, with the top being ideal. Use gravity to your advantage. As far as wideband's go, Innovate, AEM, and PLX are all pretty popular. I'm running the Innovate LC-1 myself. Also, have your tuner remove the rear o2's from your tune if you haven't already.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:26 AM
SSZ
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you much appreciated