FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

blown guys PCV system??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown guys PCV system??

So Im assuming I should keep the TB capped off but what do I do with the line that went to it? Are you guys replacing your oil filter necks with the LS1 metco breathers?? I swapped my stuff back to the original config not thinking about it (line going to the TB) and Ive noticed that now Im getting oil blown out and then dripping onto the garage floor.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did you actually have a pcv breather? how did it work out Ive been contemplating going to one for a while
Old 11-04-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
So did you actually have a pcv breather? how did it work out Ive been contemplating going to one for a while
I just learned from the guys over on Tech that Ive been pressurizing my crank case . Ive only gotten into boost a few times so hopefully the damage isnt permenant. Im going to get a breather today for the valve cover and one for the hose coming off the back. Im going to recap the TB hose. Hopefully that does it. Im looking for a new motor anyway, but I dont want to be rushed to install it.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

I know some of you guys have had to change around your PCV especially some of you running 10+ #s of boost. I see the one PCV line coming from the passenger side valve cover but where do I run the line out of the catch can to?? Anyone have pics
Old 11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
9 Second Truck Club

I have a powerdyne and on the instructions it said to run a vaccum hose from the paasenger side valve cover back to the air intake. Has worked well for me.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mtarin3222
I have a powerdyne and on the instructions it said to run a vaccum hose from the paasenger side valve cover back to the air intake. Has worked well for me.
Thats the way my vortech was. That creates vacuum and pulls the crap into the blower inlet and through everything. I dont want that.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

The STS system just vents it to the air when under boost through a little plastic piece with a washable fiber filter in it. The filter blew out on me and I had drops of oil spattered everywhere so now I hold it in with a zip tie. The rest of the time it still vents into the intake. If you want to vent it to the air you may be able to find a vent filter at a lawn mower supply because they use that system on some engines.

I was wondering if I should but an older style pcv valve on mine to replace the fixed oriface one that my truck has?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mort
The STS system just vents it to the air when under boost through a little plastic piece with a washable fiber filter in it. The filter blew out on me and I had drops of oil spattered everywhere so now I hold it in with a zip tie. The rest of the time it still vents into the intake. If you want to vent it to the air you may be able to find a vent filter at a lawn mower supply because they use that system on some engines.

I was wondering if I should but an older style pcv valve on mine to replace the fixed oriface one that my truck has?
I copied a guys setup over at LS1tech. Its a combo breather/ catch can. I made it today. I think it will solve all my problems. I have the PCV lines from both valve covers coming in one side and the tube back to the manifold on the other with a very large breather on top. It may not be a $180 catch can and a $50 metco breather, but should work 90% as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I just learned from the guys over on Tech that Ive been pressurizing my crank case . Ive only gotten into boost a few times so hopefully the damage isnt permenant. Im going to get a breather today for the valve cover and one for the hose coming off the back. Im going to recap the TB hose. Hopefully that does it. Im looking for a new motor anyway, but I dont want to be rushed to install it.
Id just plug the line into the intake. That way any air intake is accounted for
Old 11-05-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Id just plug the line into the intake. That way any air intake is accounted for
the only prob I see with that is that under vacuum the intake provides the vacuum to pull the air/oil mix through the catchcan/ breather. I think putting a check valve in line is going to be the best way to set this up and get the most out of it. It seems not many spend much time on this. I find that strange.

Quick Reply: blown guys PCV system??