FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best square port head for boost

Old 04-10-2019, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post
stock bottoms for life. this motor would be a 6.0 or 6.2 if i originally built it. the 408 came with Annebelle (yes i named my cursed car after the cursed doll).

i'm not sure my OCD will let me slap it back togehter...It's probably comming out for 1 new piston. i'll re-use the rings from that hole to avoid honing.
I am the same way. It would be way cheaper to clean it up and send it, but I'd always know it was there.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 82 Likes on 82 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post
stock bottoms for life. this motor would be a 6.0 or 6.2 if i originally built it. the 408 came with Annebelle (yes i named my cursed car after the cursed doll).

i'm not sure my OCD will let me slap it back togehter...It's probably comming out for 1 new piston. i'll re-use the rings from that hole to avoid honing.
Sound's you like you need to have a talk with your OCD...

I had to fight my OCD on the junkyard special. I Literally pulled the best 2 pistons and rods out of a pile from another junk motor to repair that motor. They still were not as nice as the stuff in this motor. If the lube holes were not blocked on 2 of the cam bearings and I didnt see some lube issues on the original cam, I would have put them in and sent it. But I did re-use the bearings and rings as there was nothing wrong with them...

Also I stayed at a Holiday Inn...