FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Best exhaust setup with magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im running pacesetter lt's 3inch ORY pipe, borla 1in 2out and 3inch to the back ,should i c a lil diff switching to dual 2.5 and x with 2 borlas ?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone have any behind the tire and in front of tire exhaust exit pictures?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARH install

how'd the install go on those headers,any problems ?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
how'd the install go on those headers,any problems ?
No problems with header install. They fit great. I ended up cutting y-pipe and running 3" duals back from headers into an Aero dual inlet/dual outlet muffler and two 3" tailpipes out behind the RR tire.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:42 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am running ARH 1 7/8", no cats, dual 3" all the way back. My dual Magnaflows don't drone under low load/cruise conditions, but they are plenty loud under any acceleration. Looks like the headers are awfully close to, if not rubbing on the steering column now that the new engine mounts have levelled out.

Not sure of any performance benefit(scavenging) to an X with a blower. Anyone notice a change in sound after adding an X? BTW...I believe the internal X Magnaflow is 2.5" pipe internally even though the inlets/outlets are 3".
Old 10-03-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
I am running ARH 1 7/8", no cats, dual 3" all the way back. My dual Magnaflows don't drone under low load/cruise conditions, but they are plenty loud under any acceleration. Looks like the headers are awfully close to, if not rubbing on the steering column now that the new engine mounts have levelled out.

Not sure of any performance benefit(scavenging) to an X with a blower. Anyone notice a change in sound after adding an X? BTW...I believe the internal X Magnaflow is 2.5" pipe internally even though the inlets/outlets are 3".
I have the same exhaust as you except 1.75 headers. I had an X pipe, but got rid of it when I added cutouts. Wish I had the X back. It's quite a bit louder without the X.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by DrX

What length magnaflows did you go with? How loud are they just putting around a neighborhood?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scooter k
Does anyone have any behind the tire and in front of tire exhaust exit pictures?
youtube' " Dirtmafia "and a video of my 2500 (pre radix) should come up...same exhaust setup as I have now, Pacesetter, 3in magnaflow IN/OUT ( 20~ inch can) to side exit before the tire. Sounds mild on idle, low and deep on mid throttle, and "Im going to kill you" on WOT.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
What length magnaflows did you go with? How loud are they just putting around a neighborhood?
5 x 11 x 22.

Hehe....My wife told me last night that she could stll hear me a few streets away with all the windows in the house closed. Most likely accelerating, though lightly, from stop signs. Would probably be a little quieter with cats.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
5 x 11 x 22.

Hehe....My wife told me last night that she could stll hear me a few streets away with all the windows in the house closed. Most likely accelerating, though lightly, from stop signs. Would probably be a little quieter with cats.
I'm cutting the cutouts out and adding a couple of resonators and an X pipe back in. It's all going in between the headers and the Magnaflows. I'm hoping it will be closer to quiet at cruise. I don't mind the noise accelerating, but I've had my fill of this exhaust that never shuts up. I don't hear too good to start with, so passengers have to scream for me to understand them. Gets old quick.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust setup with magnacharger