FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Any STS guys left?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a low profile toolbox on my truck . I'm gonna run the snorkel straight up through the bed and into the toolbox and mount the filter vertical to reduce bends .
For vent I'm gonna cut a piece from the bottom and cover the hole with grill material . Last I'm gonna section off that part of the toolbox from the rest .
Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

thats a good idea. i had thought of doing something with a toolbox as well. buti have a toneau and carpeted bed. so ill prob have to fab something in the bed side
Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ws6ickness
I have a low profile toolbox on my truck . I'm gonna run the snorkel straight up through the bed and into the toolbox and mount the filter vertical to reduce bends .
For vent I'm gonna cut a piece from the bottom and cover the hole with grill material . Last I'm gonna section off that part of the toolbox from the rest .
Holy crap, that's exactly what I did when I had my STS with a 4" snorkel! I'm trick front mount now with no rear mount oil pump issues to worry about.

I really, really miss the rear mount sound (with stock cats) and I'm still trying to replicate it with the front mount with minimal success.

My one advise with doing a rear mount is to scrap the STS oil pump and upgrade to Exa-pump from the start. Happy turboing.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=Jetn3;5173229]
I really, really miss the rear mount sound (with stock cats) and I'm still trying to replicate it with the front mount with minimal success.

get you a GT45 and it will give you the sound you miss from the sts.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

is the Exa-Pump something you can opt for from sts?and if im gonna be doing a custom remote mount instead of the STS universal what would you recommend for oil pump?
Old 12-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jetn3
Holy crap, that's exactly what I did when I had my STS with a 4" snorkel! I'm trick front mount now with no rear mount oil pump issues to worry about.

My one advise with doing a rear mount is to scrap the STS oil pump and upgrade to Exa-pump from the start. Happy turboing.
Hey man how did the toolbox mount work for you ? Noticeably higher IAT's? Any downsides ? I would think water problem would be non existing !
Old 12-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

And if anyone has any gauges they would want to sell cheap let me know.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=bud8fan;5173296]
Originally Posted by Jetn3

get you a GT45 and it will give you the sound you miss from the sts.
I had a china gt45 and the compressed whistle was nice and loud. Turbine whistle was nonexistent. That's what I miss, is the turbine whistle while normal driving. I'm wondering if your talking about the $$$$$ gt45?

I now have a pt7675cea front mount and with the cut out open turbine whistle is there but so is exhaust resonating loud under my truck. Just not the same STS rear mount sound.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ws6ickness
Hey man how did the toolbox mount work for you ? Noticeably higher IAT's? Any downsides ? I would think water problem would be non existing !
Yeah man water was no problem and I never had a problem with iat. It would pull in cooler air from the bed and through fmic. Also filter stayed pretty clean because of the location and I hardly ever worried about it.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

So not to hijack but what seems to be a good choice for a 500hp rear mount setup? I was going s471 front mount but thinking a rear mount could be fun, cheap, and really easy. I'm looking at everything from an s366 to a 72/68 turbonetics and even the cheap cx racing turbos. Borg may be the way to go... Great flow on compressor and turbine and great price.

Quick Reply: Any STS guys left?