FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

90mm tb ? eldebrock intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 05:08 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

80hp?? i had a nice talk with jeff at induction. he asked me about my cam specs and from his point of view my cam probably has a little too much overlap if i am going to run it thru exhaust. if my exhaust presure is 60psi and my intake presure is 20psi and i have some valve overlap i can see a real power stoper. i wider lsa might fix me up or freeing up the exhaust.

i think the crazy power will come with he cut outs. with just the intake i dont know what it will do.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim I am going to agree with Jeff but you might want to look at this thread near the bottom there is a alot of good info on turbo cams and that overlap is not always that bad
http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/ind...?topic=66794.0
Old 08-25-2006, 06:26 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by GenofiveO
Jim I am going to agree with Jeff but you might want to look at this thread near the bottom there is a alot of good info on turbo cams and that overlap is not always that bad
http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/ind...?topic=66794.0
everyone there seems to agree free flowing exhaust is needed for the longer duration to not hurt you. i dont think it is a bad cam choice, just that it needs open exhaust once the boost and back presure goes up.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

I can agree with that!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, electric cuts are the way to go, i love mine!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:02 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Lord Aries
Dude, electric cuts are the way to go, i love mine!
i liked mine too, the 5 days they didn't leak. i tried eveything too.

does the brand you have leak at all? can you send me a pm with a link to more info?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:04 PM
single digit dreamer

i have been out a couple of times trying to tune but am running into some computer issues. i think when i put the batery in the back it changed my grounding enough to cause some problems. i tried an extra ground strap from the motor to the body and it got a lot worse so that kinda tells me i am on the right track but the wrong area.

you know i will post up some performace info once i get thru this and start hammering on it.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:53 PM
How do I change this text

hey Parish I have one QTP cut out, and it don't leak yet, its been on for about four-six months with me driving almost everyday. but it doesn't see as much pressure as your would when it is closed because of it's location behind the turbo. The exhaust just has to go over a axle and through a muffler......
Old 08-28-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
i have been out a couple of times trying to tune but am running into some computer issues. i think when i put the batery in the back it changed my grounding enough to cause some problems. i tried an extra ground strap from the motor to the body and it got a lot worse so that kinda tells me i am on the right track but the wrong area.

you know i will post up some performace info once i get thru this and start hammering on it.
I'd run a large guage ground cable back to the engine block if you haven't already.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a QTP as well. It doesn't leak but make sure you tell them you need metal gears in the motor (ow they are plastic and will fuse together at high boost).

Quick Reply: 90mm tb ? eldebrock intake ?